Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Russian dash cams of the police catching all those horrible drivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtQfcm-29lw

At least one of those was British :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

What the heck are those tiny unicycle monowheel things? There were at least two there and they, like hoverboards, seem like prime schadenfodder.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Rysithusiku posted:

Also, my dad claims that in his year all the auto shop students came together one morning to disassemble the principals car, carry it piece by piece to the roof of the gym, and (sort of) reassemble it there. They were short of time, so they didn't actually finish reassembling it up top, but it LOOKED like they did. Also, several small but important parts may have gone missing.

edit: during a normal school day.

Some people did this in my dad's day at University too, with an old Mini. The real trick was to reassemble it on the roof of a building that *doesn't have roof access* by jumping across the ~4 foot gap from the building next door.

My school was a lot less imaginative. Someone bought a large dildo for a female teacher (it was an all boys' school) plus marmite or chocolate spread on the toilet door handles, cling-wrapping various peoples' cars, etc. Nothing too interesting.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Nutsngum posted:

Jesus guys. The whole "reassembled a car in X teachers room etc.." is some of the oldest stdh.txt on the planet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2210696/Cambridge-Universitys-1958-car-on-roof-prank-secrets-revealed.html

Nah, mine happened, although not quite in the way I was led to believe. They hoisted it up onto the roof rather than disassembling it and reassembling it on the roof.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Holy poo poo that's dumb it would be so easy for that to have just covered up her whole head and suffocated her.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

baquerd posted:

The safety mechanism was that you always have a hand in front of the clip, as he was doing for the first bit. He let the clip get loose, probably because it kept pinching his hand (he lost his glove to it), and then this happens.

Since he had a parachute, not sure why he didn't just bail instead of trying to stop it though.

How the gently caress do you bail from that when you have to lift your weight off the carabiner and unclip it to do so?

Also

No. No. No no. Nononononononooooo. No.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Ohhh man Byker Grove flashbacks.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Magnus Manfist posted:

Sure you might get hit by a bus, but consider how nonchalantly you can commit crimes

https://amp.twimg.com/v/3f9b2567-d8f1-4fa3-b46d-2037a37bc624

I've watched this like 50 times, it's incredible

Ah hahahaa why were the security guards just nonchalantly strolling after him? It's not like those things move faster than walking pace anyway.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Inco posted:

I think those are just other shoppers, not security.

Yeah, I think you're right on a second viewing. The black jersey with white lettering across the middle fooled me. Should have known by the lack of hi-vis really.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Slugnoid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjAZbHtZqo

See if you can spot the freude on your first watch. Half the people I show this to never even notice it..

The guy at the front grabbed the support car, didn't he?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Phyzzle posted:

Why you shouldn't get a chiropractic adjustment in Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhnnrBrRZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGJQeTflmS8

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

I thought those air writers were photoshopped. I didn't realize sky writing has entered the computer age.

Now its making me re-think the firework dick gif, is that real too??!

Sadly that one's still fake.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKsUYVGdq8

Fails of the Month for December. Of particular note the speeding red light running motorcyclist whose helmet cam ends up INSIDE the car he rear-ends.

fortunately attached neither to helmet nor to head

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Sure is a good job they don't make pool balls out of nitrocellulose any more...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Roblo posted:

You don't trust all news coming out of the UK? I mean, daily mail maybe, but really?

TBF basically all of our press are poo poo at the moment.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

TNL finally released a new video. Basically 30 mins of bad decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYQX6at7u-w

Maaaaaan painting a shark face on the side of a bridge people presumably hit with trucks a lot is fuckin genius.

E: oh gently caress me 14:59 is like a nightmare given form. Of all the places to land your parachute jump, some razor wire by a train track is probably only beaten by like... a lion enclosure.

thespaceinvader has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Feb 23, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yup.

Never forget, health insurance is about making money from healthy people, not about treating sick people.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

alucinor posted:

Last lines of the last video is :perfect:

"That was a terrible idea."
"I fuckin told you, look what you did."

My favourite is the one where the guy hacks three packs of expanding foam in half at once and gets it all over his face. Man that dude is hosed. Green foam beard forever.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently EXXXXTREEEME pogosticking is a thing now? Idiots jumping 10 feet in the air and trying to do stunts has the exact results you'd expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ofxej-U-I

Hey let's violently catapult ourselves into the air above a concrete surface without a helmet or pads, what could go wrong? :downs:

Hey, several of those people were clearly wearing helmets :colbert: some of them even had crash mats!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Data Graham posted:

We've already had data points for the "best" outcome in the form of Star Wars and Mad Max: movies that were ravingly successful despite the mewling of the MRAs. I don't know whether they made a lasting impression on filmmaking, though, or whether if Ghostbusters (a much "lighter" and lower-stakes property) fails they'll all get cold feet and backtrack on the "what the hell, let's put women and black people in important roles for once" experiment.

I should go see Ghostbusters just to encourage them, shouldn't I?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Besesoth posted:

One major reason Republicans are freaking out, on a political-strategy level, is that white women - specifically married white women - traditionally vote Republican, and Trump admitting to sexual assault and trying to cheat on his newly-married, pregnant wife with a married woman may, at long last, alienate them from the Republican candidate.

Do they genuinely believe that married white women like Trump over Hillary? Umm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Sometimes photoshop is harder on the chair.