Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Wait so the guy standing looking at you weapon in hand deserves not to be instantly assaulted; but the guy with his back turned unaware* of you entirely does?

* unaware guy who was violently smashing his was into a house which clearly had people inside it. If he was just committing a burglary they may have acted differently, if he's committing a home invasion (which he was as far as the police were concerned, most likely) then the situation has already escalated.

There's a good chance that the burglar might not have known that there were people in the house because he seems to be spectacularly oblivious to everything around him but the cops had only just arrived on the scene and they weren't really in a position to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I don't want them to give him the benefit of the doubt, I want them to analyse the situation before jumping straight to maximum-use-of-force.

C'mon now, that wasn't anywhere near the maximum use of force.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
In commemoration of the infamous Goon Zipline of Death here's some zipline fails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqncLZIidVk

The same channel has a "People falling out of trees" compilation which I was going to post but those clips were pretty hosed up :ohdear:

Edit: I'm watching their "Roof jumping fails" compilation and those clips are also pretty hosed up :ohdear::ohdear:
They're pretty much all along the lines:
/person jumps off roof, lands badly
Jumper: AAAAUGH! AAAUUUUUUGHHH! AUGH! AAAAAAAUUUUUGH!
Friend: Are you alright?
Jumper: AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGHGGHH! AAAAUUUUGGGGH! AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

XIII posted:

I'm very much of the belief that ziplines are the single biggest threat to husky white folk.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Are rope swings included in that?

Apparently the people in those videos are completely unaware that this physical activity will require continual exertion of their upper body strength so they don't brace themselves before jumping and they instantly fall and smash face first into the ground.

It's loving bizarre to me that the concept "You need to hang on when you use a rope swing" is just utterly alien to some people but you see it happen over and over and over in fail videos.
I guess part of it is that those husky white folk have seen non-husky people perform the task easily and they aren't really aware just how much they weigh and how much effort it takes to hold that weight off the ground using just their arms.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think it may be that they don't have the grip strength to hold themselves on.

Edit:
That's what you said. I'm an idiot.

So you're telling me that you stumbled because you failed to properly grasp my post? :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bip Roberts posted:

No word if she had downs or not.

The RCMP have identified the kicker and it turns out he has "developmental challenges". Still no word on the librarian's brain meats.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The bald guy who tries to grab him was already sizing him up and sidling in to intercept him, I'm guessing that he was either familiar with the guy or the guy had already been acting screwy that night. Either way baldy was clearly expecting that poo poo might go down.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samuringa posted:

I love that the dog is still somewhat happy about the whole thing

It might be going "Oh no please don't hurt me again, I'm a good boy, see how I'm wagging my tail???"

I had a really placid cat that hated being picked up but it'd still start purring if you grabbed it, if you didn't pay careful attention to its body language you'd assume it was happy but it was really going "Ha ha we're all good friends right? Oh poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If your animals live in perpetual fear you are doing something wrong
That cat used to belong to a family that had a lot of small rowdy children, she eventually decided she couldn't put up with their poo poo any longer and decided to camp out at my house permanently. The family eventually handed her over to me officially when it became clear she didn't intend to ever go back to their house. Even after that it took her a long time to calm down and get used to the idea that she wasn't in 24/7 danger of being grabbed and manhandled by tiny humans, and even longer before she would jump up into my lap for scritches all by herself.

Solice Kirsk posted:

What the f*** is a German pillow?

It's like a Dutch Oven but Germany-er

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 09:58 on Mar 4, 2018