Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Telemaze posted:

How could anyone in the schadenfreude thread act like that Total Biscuit stuff crosses a line. These threads are literally solely for enjoying someone else's misery. We had more than one car-hit-by-train gif in the last thread.
Stupid people hurting themselves is funny. Stupid people dying is generally considered to be less funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Cats aren't scared of veggies. They're just startled because the food dispenser human just put that there while they're focused on eating and not paying attention to what's going on around them.

It's the cat version of this

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

szary posted:

That car accident story smells like MRA stdh to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cROLP8wlzb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c8uZf1KBqg
I'm having no trouble accepting that the niece did something stupid like that.
But the wife being so detached from reality that she honestly think the niece didn't do anything wrong, is somewhat hard to swallow.

Edit VVV: Yeah, that's a good point. I completely missed that.

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 12:25 on Dec 1, 2015

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Am I missing something or is just a matter of time until that ride is posted in the OSHA thread with someone having bashed their head in against the floor or metal railing.

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 12:26 on Jan 14, 2016

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Oldstench posted:

Jesus, is some part of her leg dislocating before the fall? :stonk:
Her right knee banged against the bed, but it doesn't look like there was enough force to do any real damage. It'll hurt for a bit, but so will several other parts of her body.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Korgan posted:

'cos it's fake.
In my experience, freezing up or doing something useless like waving their hands is what people actually tend to do when there's a problem and the panic starts.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I'm actually a bit disappointed the pro-rape meetup was cancelled. We could have gotten some funny footage out of it.

DNAinfo posted:

A men's rights group meetup planned for Saturday night will have a tuba or sousaphone player tailing them and "playing funny songs," thanks to an activist couple's Craigslist ad.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Agnostalgia posted:

how do you post that from the debate and not this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0WUtNJAo9k
Why on earth did Rubio think that repeating his "Obama is changing America" speech a third time was even remotely a good idea? :psyduck:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I can never tell if those "it's not food, it's violence' people are actually protesting, or doing some weird performance art thing.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What the gently caress were they even expecting to happen here :psyduck:
Pretty much exactly that, I think. My Spanish is rusty, but I think "atropello de pelotas" translates to something like running over testicles?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I understood that the Mojang employees all got a piece of the acquisition proceeds, since they all had equity. Is that not the case?
No, none of them did.
According to a book someone wrote about Minecraft, Microsoft apparently did make an offer to all Mojang employees promising them a bonus of 300.000 dollars if they stayed for at least 6 months after the sale.
That may not be enough to buy a fancy mansion in Beverly Hills, but it still sounds like a okay deal to me.

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 13:07 on Feb 19, 2016

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

titties posted:

Yes, you can buy a decent PC for the cost of a PS4 and accessories. How long will you be able to play new releases on that PC with equivalent or better graphics.
For as long as the current console generation lasts? I used my previous card for about 7 years.
I imagine that someone who always wants to be on the cutting edge of graphics tech and be able to max out all the graphical whatsits, will want to upgrade every other year. But consoles aren't really the best choice for that person. Then again the person who is able to afford the latest graphics cards every other year, probably doesn't give much of poo poo about the cost anyway.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Imagined posted:

Would at least remind him that that fact is the only relevant remaining fact to anyone who deals with him and the only thought anyone will ever think about him for the rest of his life.
It's obviously that's how he wants to be remembered. You'd be stroking his ego so much, you might as well just give him a handjob.
If you want to hurt him: Organize a new AUF summer camp on Utøya and show him a picture of that. And say "Nothing you did mattered." over and over again.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
:stare: That guy at 1:10 must have been really glad he put on his helmet.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
You could just send a follow email explaining that google did something stupid as a april fools prank? As someone who's unemployed and struggling to find a job, I really want to sympathize. But it seems like it would be really easy undo the damage here.:shrug:

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Apr 1, 2016

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

I don't have an opinion of the guy, good or bad - but a dog that goes from normal to violent that quickly has serious anger problems that often ends in a trip to a farm. I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be the 'before' training rather than the 'after'.
Here's the full clip.
That bite didn't come out of nowhere. Sure, it does looks like Holly had some food guarding issues. But Milan deliberately pushed her to get a reaction. Either through utter incompetence or to get that sweet 'before Milan's super training'-footage. Heck, Milan straight up punched the poor thing at 0:17.

Personally I like to think that Holly finally had enough of Milan's "kssht" nonsense.

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Apr 13, 2016

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

LeJackal posted:

What happened?
He made a throwing motion to toss that folder in the game and in doing so smashed his hand against something.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

Well technically they're DRAs.
BRAs. Male dolphins are called bulls.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

The best dark souls schadenfreude..
I still love this one.
Just your average darkwraith doing invasions, killing some hosts and sunbros. And then it's gravelord time! Fun starts at 2:33, the best bit at 3:10.

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 18:37 on May 17, 2016

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SinineSiil posted:

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/sqj4.mp4
That little boy is apparently Portugese fan
:3: That is adorable and needs to be posted over here.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I could see it in the 90's, and if the kid was like 4, but come on. 80's is the "this is getting uncomfortable" stage of heat.
How well your body can handle heat varies from person to person, depending on factors like metabolic rate, body shape, etc.Also in general the more humid the climate, the warmer the actual temperature feels.
Maybe you live somewhere that tends to have a dry heat and/or have a high tolerance for heat. But over here in the Netherlands, I'd probably be sweating all over if I'm wearing something like long sleeved uniform at 25+ degrees Celsius.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
:catstare: I always thought the weirdos going on about Michelle Obama being a man were just your average racists who went a little bit more bonkers then usual. But apparently there's a whole group of people who think every famous women in existence is actually a man? Also they're all Illuminati?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGDvFUyAGo8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pISx14v7F0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fVvKR3Wv7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVZswDn3nk

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Remember that WannaCry ransomware attack from last may? Afterwards the company I work for pushed out an internal memo telling all employees not to worry and that such attack could never hit us.

And then they got hit by NotPetya last Tuesday. I had a couple of days off so I didn't pay that much attention to it. But when I arrived at work this morning I was greeted by the cheerful message that production wasn't affected that badly and that the lines could still run the last few days. But supplies will run out Monday and we'll probably have to stop production Sunday because no one can open the doors of the warehouses the finished products are supposed to go to.
The IT department never applied the goddamned patches for the EternalBlue exploit to all the vulnerable machines. Apparently the US based corporate headquarters was still working the costs before they would give the go ahead to apply those upgrades. When I informed about the status of their backups, the questioned IT-goon gave me a thousand yard stare, mumbled something incomprehensible and quickly walked away. Currently the crisis team's best guess is that critical stuff will be fixed in two weeks.
This is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. :shepface:

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Jun 30, 2017

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I guess it's a good thing that sort of nonsense gets some attention so hopefully more people become aware of it.

But "provided the blueprint" my rear end. That poo poo has already been going on for years. I can't find any recent data about this, but I'm pretty sure the majority of security breaches can still be traced back to someone plugging in a malware infected device. Probably one they were giving as a free promotional thing at a trade show or convention.
And delegates handing each other infected USB devices has practically become a tradition at G20 meetings.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Slime posted:

like why is it even possible to modify the firmware by plugging it in to an infected machine, why is this a goddamn thing they do
No one thought about it. As far as I know it took over 15 years for someone to go "Huh, I wonder if the firmware in my usb mouse is writable and if so requires a signature?" and then successfully exploit the vulnerability.

In hindsight it's obvious off course.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

RatHat posted:

What video is this from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edvpnfvmEYU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

How did that woman get an IED in her vagina?
IUD. Intra-Uterine Device.

You're not the first to mishear IUD for IED..

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SinineSiil posted:

I thought so as well, but that's way too short for what he seems to say.
In case you're serious and this isn't some weird gimmick: He says "She's my mom" twice.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

That had to be on purpose? Dude took off like a race car.
The groom said "Punch it". And the driver goes "you ready?" (I think twice?). So my guess would be that it was planned. It's just that no one involved with the planning of the high speed getaway paid attention in physics class.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
There are a couple of them.

There's nothing big yet, but that'll chance once the game gets closer to release date and Ubisoft starts to actually market it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

So I have some doubts over the validity of that 'attack'.
The Anonymous thing was posted as a regular article on the site and nothing on the rest of the site was defaced or messed around with. There was zero effort put into making that look real.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

What is it with cats and cucumbers? Seriously, some of those kitties near the end just disappeared off the screen :allears:
Cats aren't scared of vegetables, nor do they have some anti-snake reflex. What they do have is a "Run away!" reaction to being startled and cats can startle very easily. Every source in that gif had the part where the cat was focused on something else and the human sneaked up on the cat and place the cucumber without the cat noticing cut out. You only see the part where the cats turns around and goes "What the gently caress, there wasn't there a second ago. Run away!".
It's basically the cat version of this

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Darkhold posted:

follow that up with K-9 units that shockingly hit on the car they want to search.
Looking at the uber driver's video, the dog wasn't even giving an alert signal.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
In the beginning there's a guy going "Let's go Baked" a couple of times and halfway trough the video you stop hearing him. I like the idea of whoever that Alaska dude was hanging out with, just leaving his dumb rear end there.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Aerdan posted:

Tell that to Richard Spencer, the man whose involvement in racist activity has now led to a localized state of emergency being declared. Y'know, in addition to having a face so punchable people actually punch it.
That executive order pretty much exist to provide more resources for security measures for Spencer's little hate-party and protect him from any potential consequences.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rolo posted:

It should be illegal to post this sort of video without adding a bit at the end where he gets a treat and and gets to ride up front.
The little pup seems pretty good at acquiring treats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1q6pMv6VQo

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
A dude at my work put all of his savings into bitcoins last week because he thinks World War 3 will happen in years, if not months and that way his money will be save.
I didn't have the heart to ask him how he thinks he'll be able to access those bitcoins in that post-apocalyptic fantasy of his where there might not be an Internet or even reliable power. Or why a farmer in that setting would hand over food for bitcoins.

Raygereio has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Dec 5, 2017

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

What I'm curious about is how someone acting upon this many levels of stupidity would at least not go for the old-time proven war-time classic hedge of gold instead of goddamn cryptocurrencies.
I think gold might be a US specific thing. From what I've see the same type of people in the Netherlands go for gems. And now bitcoins apparently.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Phanatic posted:

Current-events-related question:

What kind of dumbass must you be to try to be a suicide bomber, build your bomb, set it off, and wind up only *injuring* yourself?
On the grand chart of dumdasses I'd rate him slightly above the dude who stuffed explosives up his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

This is prime time good schaden right here, holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/TheLeadCNN/status/940704581742419969
Why on earth would you cut it off that quickly? Is that CNN dude unable to recognize pure gold when it hits him in the face?