Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlgN85wB6U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

I am a Michigan State fan so this is the highest level of 'freude I have ever achieved.

I'm not really invested in either one (just knew it would be a good game to watch), and my jaw dropped when that happened. Michigan had it sewn up and there was really no way they could lose. And then they did.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

XYZ posted:

More football schadenfreude:

https://www.youtube.com/aqJbLDu9l2Q?t=6m30s

Saskatchewan wins, then loses, the 97th Grey Cup in 2009.

'freude is mine (or yours). Link is a 404.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hope the dude is OK.

That being said:
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/10/17/michigan-fans-fight-burn-couches-after-heartbreaking-loss-to-rival-spartans-photos/

quote:

There's a couch on fire at Vaughn and Packard.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Handegg.

sportsball mania.

Lol. You're just going down the "I'm an elitist nerd, and proud of it" checklist, aren't you? I'll bet you don't even own a TV or subscribe to cable/satellite and make sure everyone knows, too.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

There are 128 teams, dude. Most games are not blowouts, and certainly not in conference play.

Between ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN-U, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and WatchESPN online the problem is too many good games to reasonably watch, not too many boring ones.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ekuNNN posted:

Who would have thought any more schadenfreude could be squeezed out of the whole Silkroad thing :monocle:
Former DEA agent sentenced to 6 1/2 years in jail for stealing Bitcoins in Silk Road probe

I'm gonna miss the Silkroad investigation/trials. The whole thing was pure-strain schadenfreude.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Or as I call it, the "find a semi and pace it" lane.

You monster.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Hmm, let's give guns to fastlanes.

I think Los Angeles already tried that back in 1987.

An LA station coined the term "road-rage" during the '87-'88 shootings.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Oct 23, 2015

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Fumaofthelake posted:

Pretty sure thinking you got candy or something mundane but actually getting a video game is "a surprise" not "a prank."

Yeah, now a nintendo box stuffed with lemonheads...

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That is beautiful.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Comcast’s attempt to bash Google Fiber backfires hilariously

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wanamingo posted:

Fluoride is a naturally occurring element in water, and part of what happens with fluoridation is making sure drinking water has the right level of the stuff. Sometimes this means adding it in, sometimes it means taking it out. Texas happens to be naturally high in flouride, so most likely they're ending up with more of it than before.

Stop disrupting the narrative!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've always wondered, wasn't there a single person in Moldova that knew how to actually play a saxophone?

They probably all have too much self-respect to do Eurovision.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eh. Depends on a bunch of things. Usually it just adds the 'fleeing the scene of an accident' charge on there, but it also can be a sign of bad faith. Often drunk drivers will flee because the charge added on is less than the drunk driving charges. Of course if you're a celebrity and nobody really got hurt, it doesn't really affect anything.

In Illinois it turns into "Hit and Run". If anyone was was injured in any way it becomes "Felony Hit and Run".

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

gender illusionist posted:

I think the glass cracked. I bet he had a hell of a time trying to put that out.

"Quick! Get me some water!"

*FWOOSH*

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Thank you for that, because the next one up was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMhw5MFYU0s

So many clumsy dogs in slow motion.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jeez. We just spent senior ear stealing all the wooden wedge door stops we could (and their replacements), glued them together into one huge wedge, and left it on the front lawn.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:doink:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ToxicFrog posted:

Pretty much. This writeup by a Canadian judge is a good overview; most of the people who end up trying to use sovcit/freeman-on-the-land arguments in court are people who are already in deep (usually debt-related) poo poo but met a guy (or read a website or whatever) who can teach them how to escape...for a price. And the price is much lower than the amount they're in debt for, so they pay it.

The actual scam artists writing this poo poo almost never show up in court, or if they do, they don't use the stuff they're selling -- they know it's bullshit.

Your link went nowhere for me, but I'm guessing it's this:

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/doc/2013/2013oncj160/2013oncj160.html

It's a long read, but oh so worth it. It remains one of my favorite things on the internet.

EDIT: Linked wrong judgement.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Nov 24, 2015

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Two Feet From Bread posted:

What you are saying is literally impossible without some major machine parts in every skateboard. work. Congrats for believing YouTube comments but they are still stupid.

Turning on skate boards is friction based. When you lean left, there is more friction on the left wheels than the right, because of weight, so you turn left. The trucks augment the turn to a pretty standard degree bit have no affect on direction, just magnitude. Either the guy in the video was faking it or he is just bad at skateboarding.

Well someone's stupid, but it's not the comments on YouTube.

Friction is what gives the wheels grip, not what makes it turn.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

im pooping! posted:

that article is retarded because as far as i know, "legal limit" is propaganda to get more people to drive drunk so the state can make more revenue on charging people with dwi

everyone I know who has been stopped by police while driving and took a breathalyzer who blew over 0.000 has been arrested on the spot

Then everyone you know was probably an rear end in a top hat to the cops and were "arrested" for something else. Or what you say is straight up untrue. Occam's razor and everything.

When I was younger, I drove after being out at the bars when I was college. I was pulled over, asked to take a breathalyzer, and came in under by a couple tenths (it was .10 at the time, I blew a .08). The cop said he couldn't arrest me for DUI, but he could make sure I took a taxi home. Being a cop in a college town, you better believe if he had the latitude to "arrest me on the spot" blowing what I did, he would have.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

They sort of fell out of favor when that guy ate at one and died back in the 90s. They're still around, but not nearly as popular as they used to be.

I'm sad this didn't get any love.

I got it, and I like you for it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I heart bacon posted:

I guess not. I was born 5 days ago. We all get there are some seriously rich people, but $2m a week as part of a salary? Come the gently caress on. And even they wouldn't give a crap about wu tang. Hell, I don't give a crap about them.

That's $110MM a year. There are CEOs that have pulled down that much in a year. There are more that earn $500K to $1MM a week.

But you're probably right about them not giving a poo poo bout Wu Tang (but I wouldn't count on it, since some of those are young CEOs). A purchase like that isn't about the music. It's about keeping score. With the status and cachet that comes with owning something literally no one else on earth can.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TheStampede posted:

The same reason people find dead baby jokes or the ilk funny. Comedy makes tragedy palatable.

Not really that hard of a concept. Also, jokes on the internet, dude. Not that big a deal.

I think it comes down to whether someone views a prison term as retribution or rehabilitation.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Christ, why do people insist on mounting cabinets directly to the walls? I had to fix my fiancée mother's cabinets because they were one serving dish away from turning into this.

French Cleats assholes. Plus you can make sure they're leveled before you even hang them.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

KazigluBey posted:

As a European, is this a reference to America in any way that I might not get since I'm not plugged into your 24 hour news-cycle?

I think it's more the fact the shirt slid along the wall and wrapped itself around some dude's face like it was going to plant eggs. Otherwise, I have no idea.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Random Number posted:

Googling "disappointed star wars fans" on Friday is gonna be good poo poo.

It's been getting rave reviews now that the review embargo is past.

That being said, we are going to see master-class meltdowns from über-nerds shrieking about anything "non-cannon" and/or still crying about how they should have included this or that thing from the "Extended Universe".

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

:vince:
You magnificent sonofabitch

You mean the part where she's able to deflect blaster bolts shot from a training orb after a two minute pep talk? Let's be honest here, the amount of training needed to use the force (like way too many other things in these movies) is all over the loving place depending on the requirements of the plot

Speaking as an adorer of the original trilogy, reading so much heated discussion of these lovable-but-ultimately-dopey movies turned me back into a virgin. Thanks nerds.

There's some schadenfreude for me that the SW threads are bringing out people who claim to have "liked" the movie, but then go on to write multi-paragraph screeds that show that, no, they did NOT like the movie. Especially fun are the glad-they-wiped-the-EU-out-of-"canon" vs. they-totally-should-have-kept-and-used-EU slap fights.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Squatter gets squatted.

http://youtu.be/wB_hjqZQ1UY

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

There's no freude to be found here.

Wakes and sees dark shape coming toward her that doesn't say anything. Husband had worked as an undercover officer. Freaking out and reacting to this as if the intruder is of nefarious intent is plausible.

It's an understandable tragedy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

"I was hacked"

She has to know no one believes this.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RVSuDfCzRU

Couple auditions for American Idol together. The wife doesn't make it... but the husband does.

And she really doesn't take it well. :ohdear: Its pretty clear they're gonna fight over this when the cameras are off. And he's not gloating or anything, but she falls to pieces.

What would have made this even better is if he went on a lark just to support his wife and didn't really care one way or the other going in.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That gives me a warm feeling of satisfaction.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Testekill posted:

Big dogs don't have proportionally sized brains for the most part unless they're working dogs.

Big goofy dogs, like my Chocolate Lab are the smartest stupid dogs I know. They do something mind boggling like being able to open the door to a closet, grab their leash and be waiting at the door with it when you get home. Then not 2 hours later run head-first, full speed, into the only tree in a large backyard.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

veedubfreak posted:

This can't possibly be real. Right?

I had simultaneous spasms in both sets of quads before when I used to athlete stuff. Never heard of a whole-body one before.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hahaha. I *just* watched that episode. The whole run of MXC Extreme Elimination is on Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

trickybiscuits posted:

Incomplete without the hosts' responses, which I couldn't find on youtube.

(thx for link chitoryu12)