Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Cross-post from BYOB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Added schaden: California went for Clinton. Her vote meant nothing regardless. So even if she abstained, it meant nothing either way.

It doesn't say she still lives in Cali, just that her properties there were foreclosed on. Also, the byline says Washington so I'm thinking she's in Washington state. But I'm just being nitpicky. We've got four years of making fun of people who believed Donald would "drain the swamp" from the relative comfort of our gulags.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/K8j1AuQ.mp4

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Man, I feel like Hillary's campaign could have remade this ad with 70% of the same dialogue. :sad:

Train chat: I don't spend much time around train tracks, but one day I was just going for a walk around my area and wound up behind the tree line walking along a railroad track, a couple feet away because I had headphones on and I'm not an idiot who walks where trains go, especially if I'm hampering one of my senses. A small train eventually trundled past and I remember the intent stares from the conductor and whoever was next to him. At the time I thought it was a little weird but brushed it off, but in retrospect I bet they were on high alert that I didn't do something stupid like suicide on it or try and hop a ride. Fun fact: Train hopping loses it's mystique once your traveling buddy doesn't quite make the hop and gets chewed up by the wheels. Or so sayeth my grunge punk friend from college.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Pick posted:

Who are the overwatch dudes that dorks project onto? Is that the flame twink and the ponytail pig guy?

They should be, but those dorks abide by the principle of gay ladies = hawt and gay guys = icky so idk. I wonder if the people at Blizzard who designed these characters knew the sexual orientations of all the characters from the beginning or if they have to sit around and discuss who should be gay or straight. It's pretty dumb through and through; I just like the shooting.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Measly Twerp posted:

There's a whole lot of Trump supporters who are positively ecstatic right now.

I don't quite get the point in redacting someone's name from internet comments. It's just pointing out that ~someone~ ~somewhere~ has a vile opinion. They posted it knowing their name would be attached, why do them the favor of stripping it off before spreading it around?

Railing Kill posted:

There's a lot of talk about the responsibility of fake news, the education system, social media, and right wing media in Donald Trump's election. While all of these things are factors, what annoys me about a lot of arguments I hear is how they use these things as excuses to treat Trump voters with kid gloves. "Try to understand their point of view," and "They were just manipulated by the media." But how about the idea that all of his voters are loving adults and need to put on their Big Boy and Big Girl Pants and use some loving basic critical thinking and common sense? Passing the blame away from them and onto anything else is more patronizing than straight-up calling them dumbasses. At least by calling them dumbasses, I'm being honest and letting them own their loving mistake. To do otherwise is coddling these dipshits that vote against their own interest. I just heard a Trump voter on NPR last week say, "He's one of us, he talks like us. I hope Trump holds up his end of the bargain and stands up for the working class." Trump speaking at a sixth grade level doesn't make him "one of us." If anything, that's yet another way to be patronizing toward the working class. Trump is a rich weirdo that gilds everything he owns and whose catchphrase is "you're fired." jfc, these people. Save me. I am an abyss of schadenfreude.

I think the most charitable I can be towards Trump voters is that they were willfully ignorant. They never stepped out of the conservative echo chamber and are only now starting to realize the implications of their actions, but I still say gently caress 'em. Tattoo a T on their cheek so when we wonder where all the civil liberties went we know who thought putting Donald John Trump in the Oval Office was a smart thing to do. Their ignorance has cost America miles of progressive ground and it gets worse with each passing day. We're not even into week 2 of this presidency Republicans have already changed the rules as to not need opinions or votes from Democrats to pass through Trump/Bannon's picks for office.

quote:

gently caress this stupid earth.

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Feb 1, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Measly Twerp posted:

Because it's a goon. And was said in what I can only describe as a "safe space".

gently caress that goon.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Those poor sawhorses... :(

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

"I voted for Hitler because I'm angry that the world seems to be pissing on German after we lost the last war. Now my wife is being put onto a train and government employees are telling me everything I own belongs to them? Don't make me regret my vote Hitler! I believed in you!"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Is there a full video for this? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around what the kid in blue (who looks about as dim as LA Beast's lunch) was thinking.

He was thinking that someone had locked the door to the stall he needed to use and, rubbing all the brain cells a 8 year old has together, decided to investigate. Heck, kids that age are no strangers to locking stall doors then leaving by crawling under for a prank. Who's to say that adults don't pull that kind of prank all the time in every setting. Also, the guy filming might not have said anything to deter the kid, choosing instead to start recording a video because we live in a wild and wonderful future.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

DryGoods posted:

Guy trying to lockpick when someone was at home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RE1e_DF_D8

Lol."Dude, my door is broken so I was trying to break into your door to see how my door works! Dude!"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Queering Wheel posted:

New Failarmy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1dAiCxwFp8

The rock climber at the end :stare:

Wow, pro-click through and through. Featuring a rare, unironic "momma mia" that is only the start

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

If you are dating someone but haven't talked about a mutual future and where to live and maybe having kids, you're definitely not ready to propose. The idea of dating someone but not instinctual knowing whether or not they are ready or interested in being married to you seems crazy to me, but it's clearly rampant enough to fill a few videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql0y-pHZUyk

e: I proposed in our kitchen with an audience of disinterested felines.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Tarantula posted:

American Carnage Compilation || Explosions, Wreckage, Fails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezsssG0OO9Y
I do have to wonder how badly the person at the 5 minute mark ended up.

Great way to gently caress up your back at 6:33

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

sandoz posted:

ok quick question

what able-bodied two-eyed human being looks at this and thinks it is real?

second question

who needs a loving sherlock holmes debunking of this video to be convinced?

third question

does everyone know how cool and smart I am?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I often think that I have a good, functioning, wide-reaching imagination that can grapple with complex ideas and concepts, but then I read about people getting mad at a women-only screening of Wonder Woman and I suddenly find my wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZmFCs-ltY

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

https://twitter.com/funder/status/868142498450989058

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Goddamn, I raced over here to post this.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Mr. Flunchy posted:

It's a rabid Putin fan at an anti-Putin protest going on about how great Putin is.

Midsentence he gets dragged away by Putin's goons.

File this along with Trumpers who get deported.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

This is it. This is the gifv that spawned 9 pages of car chat. Remember this so that the next time it's posted someone can start talking about manual transmissions ironically

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

BrianBoitano posted:

I don't know. I watch all his videos, and that particular one he reacted very different, as if he was planning a smaller gently caress up and he finally *actually* screwed up

I've seen one or two but forget what he calls them. Got a link to a video or the channel name?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

"E-Brake" is a lot shorter to say than "Bitchin' Turn Facilitator" but I'm willing to burn the extra calorie.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Am I to assume that there are people who wipe their rear end while sitting down?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

^^ That's a very pro-click video. I thought there was an episode of one of those British panel shows with one of the Spice Girls who would up walking off, and in later showings they kind of cut around her to remove her form the episode completely. Of course, I can't find any thing to back this up aside from an Australian talk show where Mel B (Scary Spice) walked off. I don't think that's what I was thinking of though.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

:drat:
:perfect:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Sonewhat related, there was a video from a few years back ostensibly of two antiantifa crowds in Stockholm (?) rounding a corner into one another and mistaking each other for antifa and starting a brawl.

I wish I could provide a link but I don't remember what it was called

there's an easier word than "antiantifa", and it ain't "fa"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

canyoneer posted:

http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Stick-that-brought-fame-may-put-Trump-supporter-11945198.php

Stick/shield guy is looking at up to 8 years in prison. Turns out he has a prior felony for armed robbery

laughing at this description of Stormfront

quote:

He told me he’s not racist, because he has an Asian wife. That has caused some of the people who celebrated him to condemn him on Internet forums such as Stormfront, an online support group for aggrieved white supremacists.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

He keeps pretending to be relevant and people keep biting, so I guess it's working.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

This one has to be an art project. Sure once you've gotten you bike stuck in the wet cement you wouldn't just walk through it, you'd at least walk on the grass next to it. Right?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Yeah, him riding between the parked cars so he could be first out of the gate seemed like the beginning to an instant karma situation. Which it kind of was, just not in the way I was expecting.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

What a silly trick

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

HOAs are usually run by a handful of people in the community but all the real work of drafting up the bylaws and mediating with homeowners is handled by a parent company. This company runs HOAs all over the city, usually only meeting with a neighborhood on a quarterly basis, if that. That's where a lot of the HOA fees go, to paying a third-party to pretend to give a poo poo about you and your neighbors. But you can't disband it, because the majority will vote to keep intact for fear of their property values tanking.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

ekuNNN posted:

"A Christian street preacher, who is known for his signs saying girls deserve to get raped if they’re not true Christians, goes to Apollo High School in Glendale, Arizona to shout that gay people will go to hell at children with a megaphone.
While he’s arguing with a parent who tries to get him to leave, 19-year old Tabitha Brubaker decides a more direct approach is needed, and hits him in the head with a baseball bat."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZrY9Njx2M8&t=424s

We had a few guys like that who would show up at my college's quad and preach their brand of hate. Plenty of people tried to debate him or engage him with about the same results that you would expect. It was explained to me that they show up with the intent to rile someone up so bad that they get a physical reaction and then sue the student and school.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Great way to catch a puppers

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Not to start another multi-page derail, but I feel like this is the sort of thing that would be the first to be automated.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

This speaks to me

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Man, sometimes I swear that the posters in this thread just aren't aware of the incredibly relevant :killing: smilie

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Every time I see this I think about how everyone else on that ferry had to wait like three hours for the idiot car to be fished out before they could depart.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Memento posted:

oh ffs

Incidentally, what's your avatar from?

It's from the graphic novel series Saga and it's of the Lying Cat, who can tell if people are lying.

e: I suppose this panel would be more on the nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I think people who pierce their baby's ears are weirder than people who trim their baby's dicks