Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

They forgot to include the best one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeb5LdAyLC8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dropbear posted:

Vidja game critic gets popular, so all the cool internet kids jump on the hatewagon. The dude gets cancer, which is now considered incurable. I'm not sure what the funny schadenfreude part is either.
possibly the part where he's a misogynistic rear end in a top hat and wished someone to get cancer and die. I'm not cool with people getting cancer and dying though.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Is that... blood?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

never ever gently caress with kids on their birthdays or christmas, they literally can not emotionally cope and it fucks them up almost for life.

Anyone with their birthday in December is almost guaranteed to be kind of messed up in the head, it's p sad.

Kid should have left a note if he wanted a present.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

It's great seeing the responses from people who think it's totally harmless. "My parents hosed with me and I turned out just fine! Wait, what do you mean it's weird for me to want to make my kids cry for fun?"

When the apocalypse comes, "Trust nobody" will be the most important lesson they were taught.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

Some drunk bro assaults his Uber driver, gets a face full of mace and an assault charge.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/uber-driver-assault-pepper-spray-mace-face-drunk-339184042.html

He said he's going to stop working for Uber because the quality of the passengers is going down, which is loving hilarious. Uber being a victim of its own ill earned success? Drivers that feel they're above lowly cab drivers?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Schadenfreude on both sides here I guess? Dude hits his face on a sliding door while not paying attention, cruiser gets sentenced to pay 21 million to the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phHYIak-IUU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Any more information about that case? That doesn't look like a $21M injury there.

http://news.yahoo.com/jury-awards-21-5-million-man-injured-cruise-182820736.html

Definitely doesn't look like it, but apparently there was a concussion AND brain injury from that? How is that even possible? Dude has a glass jaw.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

That's the key. The courts are attempting to, erm, encourage the cruise line to fix their known safety hazard.

You'd expect that much from a chinese escalator incident, though.

One time a man around the same age as this guy ran in front of me while I was riding my bike on the bike lane and our heads collided. That was surely way worse that this one. I had headaches for weeks.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guys, guys.

the dude makes pranks IN THE HOOD. I think that's information enough to figure out whos the bigger rear end in a top hat here.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Foxhound posted:

Some repeats, but overall very schadenfreudy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn69hfjqAsg

Oh my god, this is one of the best I've seen so far. The bicycle guy and the dog that comes to check up on him :3:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is the best type of black friday doorbuster schadenfreude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLLjezys1k

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

baw posted:

Wherein a cat encounters a wasp

reminds me of this:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

szary posted:

It sounds bullshit because the details don't add up. The criminal case against the other driver would never go to court, because he would have shown the dashcam footage to the police/prosecution and he never would have been charged in the first place. Also people can't just fake injuries in criminal proceedings, she would have to undergo some kind of examination to determine the extent and severity of her injuries.

Yeah, why would they not simply shut it all down with the dashcam footage?

EDIT: Not to mention they also hired a PI.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
so, that coyote attempt to catch the roadrunner worked in real life, proving that humans are dumber than cartoon roadrunners. They had to remove the paint after the incident.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What in your mind would possibly justify beating a blind kid over?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KoRMaK posted:

Blind kid went picking a fight, the "bully" didn't know the kid was blind. If a person that comes picking a fight ends up being on the losing end I don't think that the other person is going to stop immedately.

Still feel bad for the blind kid, probably some misguided poo poo made him think he should pick a fight.

Yeah, that comparison you made about the downs person kicking the small kid is completely out of place here. Now it's about a person that's not physically or mentally impaired beating a physically and mentally impaired kid. I think that just made it even worse.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Remember when some idiot hipsters got their gourmet cereal shop trashed and were crying on twitter about it? They are coasting on death to raise brand awareness:

Somehow that schadenfreude got even better now.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Now for some BREAKING NEWS dog schadenfreude:

There's a dog running loose on a major São Paulo airport runway, preventing several airplanes from landing and lifting off. Several Airport staff are chasing the dog for over 10 minutes and haven't managed to catch it yet. Its being broadcasted live from a news station. I'll post the video as soon as it goes up on youtube.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The dog managed to get away into the nearby woods before he was caught. He may strike again

Also they would be in a world of poo poo if they killed the dog instead of following the proper channels. Besides the media shitstorm, animal protection laws in Brazil are rather severe.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Well I stand corrected. I seemed to recall seeing that they had a big problem with strays in the favelas and they were dealt with rather harshly.

I mean, I'm talking about laws and things that were exposed to the media, like this dog. When talking about favelas, people are probably getting an even worse treatment. I don't expect rio police to be limited by such things as laws and fair trials. We don't have death penalty, but there were thousands of summary executions by cops in the last few years.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

they probably are, but not in front of tourists has to be some sort of slogan over there

Exactly.

EDIT: here's the video!

Skip to 3:00. It's hilarious how even the news anchor gets aggravated as the firemen fail to get the dog.

http://noticias.r7.com/cidade-alerta/videos/cachorro-invade-pista-e-aeroporto-de-congonhas-sp-interrompe-pousos-e-decolagens-12012016

nerdz has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Jan 12, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The news anchor started screaming OLÉ at this point

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

Wait, the exact same thing happened 5 years ago.

holy poo poo, in the exact same airport even.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Arent french poodles the worst and most violent dogs ever or something.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is the baby kicked by a downs person before or after the circumcision?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I found this website that definitely proves the point most people are making here: Pitbull owners are sorta bad.

Home Of The Abominable Pitbull Bully

Owners are bad (at web design)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Schadenfreude by VR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPKezzAfzOY

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It wouldn't matter even if it was perfect logic.

Yes, you denied the filmmakers of $4-million. Guess they'll have to cry themselves to sleep with the other $1.94-billion the film made.

And lol if they actually did boycott it. Just like in this situation here:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I remember someone linking a thread on stormfront called "beautiful white women", which was full of models. Then one dude pointed out that basically every single one of them wasn't a pure blood (some of them 100% latino or jewish), and people started losing their poo poo and doing mental gymnastics to explain why they found them attractive.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is something straight out of parks and recreation.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Smelly posted:

I'll take a standard spring trap over glue any day. I wouldn't wish that death on anything.

Yeah, what's the advantage of glue traps? A relative's house had such an absurd rat infestation at their garden that we would set up 5 spring traps, wait around five minutes, hear 5 snaps almost simultaneously, take off the rats and set them up again. This went on for around 2 hours. I can't even understand how much that would cost in single use glue traps.

There's some schadenfreude here as their son adopted a pair of cats and the parents made him put them up for adoption again a few months ago.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://i.imgur.com/WrjjeUs.gifv

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

Some low level personal freude: I walked out of the bathroom in the apartment I've lived in for 5 years or so, and because of an errant random step (and the light from the bathroom bleaching my eyes), I couldn't find my way back to bed. I had to sit down and wait for my eyes to adapt to see anything enough to reorient myself. It was both embarrassing and mind blowing.

Get that brain tumor checked.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I love how the woman just gets ready to lie down in a coffin for a moment.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'm with DATT on this. If the height of hilarity to you is playing cruel pranks on your pet, then you shouldn't own one. Pets trust and love unconditionally, and doing stupid poo poo to them for your own amusement betrays that trust. No wonder your pets hate you.

Water spray bottles > Waterboarding? Help me out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25Yi8wJ25A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XaHwmYeIUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VBriRtl_aM

nerdz has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Feb 15, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

I love it when reporters have to deal with animals on live TV, specially when they are too stupid to understand what angry cat growls mean.

In a brazilian show, they made one of those fake family reunions, but between a cat and his "owner". It didn't go so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsdJiyZRx3c

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My brother in law is a personal trainer for someone who won the lottery. The funniest part of it is that he actually gets pissed off and competitive when my brother in law demonstrates having better taste in stuff like food and wine, since "how dare this peasant know more than me"? He's also all "bootstrappy" about having won the lottery, which is simply hilarious.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

That sounds pretty unlikely. You don't go to jail for being the victim of a crime. Or for trademark infringement, even if you are the one actually doing it and not an unwitting third party.

He bought several of them, so the officer probably thought he planned on selling them in the US, which carries a prison sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

I don't think you can go to jail for "maybe thinking about committing a crime in the future" either.

yeah i don't exactly know US customs laws enough, but one thing I know is that agents usually don't feel constrained by things like "having a probable cause for apprehending goods" or "speaking the truth about customs laws". while it might not be true that the dude could get arrested, I don't doubt for a second that the agent would say it anyway. Usually going all sovcit on these guys (or even professing knowledge about your rights) is bad news.

My schadenfreude stories are about getting owned by these dudes without having a chance to do anything about it. One time at the immigration booths this fat, lazy eyed old man power tripped on me pretty drat hard going so far as to say "I'm the law here!". Another time I got held for questioning on those random lotteries and had to wait for hours and then questioned by a dude that repeated the same series of questions multiple times to see if I would keep my story straight. he also got my money I was bringing with me (the limit you could lawfully take) and going all "this sure is a lot of money, I could confiscate this easily".