Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Double freude: the guy who ran it in injured his hip when all his teammates dogpiled on him in celebration. He left the game on a stretcher :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some WalMarts have gas stations

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I like how both hands on head is the international symbol for "my team really sucks right now"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

When the legislature reduced the freeway speed limits (in the 90's, I think), California Highway Patrol sent out their vehicles to take up all available lanes of traffic going at exactly the speed limit on the commuter routes during peak time. It took people hours extra to get to work that day.
I remember seeing news helicopter video of the cops driving in a fixed line, with an empty highway in front of them and what looked like a high speed parking lot behind them, backed up for miles.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Azhais posted:

Are you Garfield?

This is why he hates Mondays

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

Then again, the videos of kids getting their faces slammed into cake bug the poo poo out of me. Not because it's cruel (which is arguable I guess), but because it isn't funny. It's not clever. It's loving retarded.

That's a thing in Latino birthday parties, so in at least one culture (and probably a few of the videos) it's not considered cruel.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

VanSandman posted:

Not everyone speaks Spanish, friendo.

It's in Portuguese, so try reading it again!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

Very recently Wil Wheaton had a blog post go viral about this very thing. Huffington asked him if they could reprint an article he wrote. He asked how much do they pay contributors, and they hemmed and hawwed, explaining they don't, but it's great widespread exposure for his work! He said no. The blog post talks about how the claim of "exposure" is a dirty business attempt and how no matter what you create, you should never let yourself be ripped off like that. In his case, he figured even at industry minimums per word he should be offered $260, which isn't much for a guy like him, but it's still more than zero.

HuffPo not exactly making a lot of allies lately.

Don't worry sweetheart, I know the casting director. I can get you set up

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

SpaceViking posted:

Remember that drunk bro who assaulted the Uber driver? It turns out he iswas a Taco Bell executive.

Suspect in Assault of Uber Driver Edward Caban Is Taco Bell Executive

Taco Bell terminated him because he couldn't handle the fire sauce

canyoneer has a new favorite as of 18:02 on Nov 3, 2015

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The stdh.txt thread is thataway

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Gravity Prefers Blondes

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

The steam machine costs $449 for the cheapest version of it and the most expensive version(with an i7) is $749, not sure where you got the 900-1500. Also if you are willing to build your own machine, you can put together a ~$500 machine that will run any game, though not on the highest graphics settings for the newest games.

:shrug:

Yep, and even then, the $500 versions will perform similar to current gen consoles, and the more expensive ones are more capable.

It's similar to how cell carriers in the US are moving away from subsidizing phones through an added fee on contract, and are instead selling directly. Some people have griped that "I get a new phone every 2 years, and it usually costs me $100 but now they are asking $600? WTF is this?"
Two different business models.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Rysithusiku posted:

Also, my dad claims that in his year all the auto shop students came together one morning to disassemble the principals car, carry it piece by piece to the roof of the gym, and (sort of) reassemble it there. They were short of time, so they didn't actually finish reassembling it up top, but it LOOKED like they did. Also, several small but important parts may have gone missing.

edit: during a normal school day.

Yeah I remember that one. Uncle Jesse ended up taking the fall for it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

nerdz posted:

http://news.yahoo.com/jury-awards-21-5-million-man-injured-cruise-182820736.html

Definitely doesn't look like it, but apparently there was a concussion AND brain injury from that? How is that even possible? Dude has a glass jaw.

quote:

A federal jury in Seattle awarded $21.5 million in damages to an Illinois man who was injured by an automatic sliding-glass door on a cruise ship in 2011.

The verdict included $16.5 million in punitive damages. James Hausman's attorneys argued during a nine-day trial that dozens of other passengers have been injured by the doors on Holland America Line cruises because of problems with their sensors, The Seattle Times reported Tuesday

That's the key. The courts are attempting to, erm, encourage the cruise line to fix their known safety hazard.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Honestly, I'd be afraid SWAT would kill the guy.

Send an anonymous letter to the guy's pets and tell them to go out of town for a few days

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNKHcJocvSQ

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

Youtuber who did a "social experiment" to see whether strangers would be honest and give a blind man correct change was exposed as a fake. Fast forward to about 4:30 for the actual confrontation, the rest is just background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FoQWKR_FVM

This is purestrain scoodyfrood I love it so much

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Note that he comes up without his glasses :laugh:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

That's good, but it was a lot more hilarious when my brain translated "Tim Tebow" into "Tom Brady."

Wow. People are still talking about deflategate?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Pierzak posted:

"I'm not a jihadist, I'm just a hipster" "Ah OK" *keeps beating*

Reminds me of the old joke:
Why do hippies smell like patchouli?
So blind people can beat them up too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

NiceGuy posted:

Oh boy do I have something juicy for you guys.

I might just simply ask, do any of you recall the term 'affluenza'?

Here is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy

You'd think someone that rich could afford a haircut that didn't look like he did it himself

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tell me more about bicycles! I think they are crap.

http://i.imgur.com/K20mTgi.webm
Bird who is jerk

That man's organs probably hurt

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjgQiYyApo

Turkeys attack mailman every day

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFZMhe1WeCQ

Comedic timing is everything

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

bobjr posted:

All those penis/weed/sex answers in Family Feud really got to him.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

If you haven't seen TFA and want to remain 100% unspoiled maybe skip this post and probably the linked video.

Max Landis (screen writer and son of John Landis) has caused thousands of nerds to get super angry that he has an opinion that is less than glowing about the Force Awakens and specifically the character of Rey.

The video summarizes a few dozen of his tweets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS6TlqgLIQ

Hop on to his Twitter feed https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees to see the well reasoned and thoughtful responses he has received for having an opinion.

Its schadenfreude coming at you from all sides.

Everyone knows Raiders of the Lost Ark is the Landis family's favorite George Lucas film.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I had to look up Max Landis' film credits to see if he had written anything good or notable and the answer is nooooooope.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Craptacular posted:

I wonder what that is. It looks like styrofoam, but styrofoam wouldn't have nearly enough mass to crack a windshield, and snow wouldn't hold together that well, would it?

See all the snow around? The only thing that makes sense is that the cold weather has made the Styrofoam more firm and that's why it broke the windshield

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

mostlygray posted:

She was likely dodging the scales because she was overweight and behind on her books.

Don't bodyshame in this thread please.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Buff Skeleton posted:

Gonna Make You LMFAO

Gonna Make You LMFAO

Gonna make YOU laugh MY loving rear end off...? :gerty:

The L stands for "lick".

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/phoenix-teens-spark-outrage-posting-racist-pic-article-1.2507148

"Welcome to adulthood in the internet age, where you can ruin your life at 17/18"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I saw an old man stopped at a metered 2 lane onramp waiting for his green light to get on and merge. He wasn't pulled quite far enough forward to activate the sensor, so he sat there for almost 2 minutes staring at the red light with a line of angry cars behind him.

It was really funny

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

A model rich guy is Garth Brooks.
Guy made a gazillion dollars in the 90's, and then took an 18 year hiatus to build a big house on a big piece of land and just continue to get richer while having a normal-ish family life completely away from the public eye.

Then he just did a tour last year selling out stadiums for multiple nights in a row in each city.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

surebet posted:

It's true that there's an upper limit, but it scales way past 70k if you frame it properly.

Yeah. It's not that money is not useful past a certain point, but that the returns are diminishing. Ask a guy making $30k a year whether he wants a $250 bonus or two extra vacation days, and ask a guy earning $300k whether he wants a $2,500 bonus or two extra vacation days.
First guy probably takes the cash, and the second guy takes the time off.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ord1x2u5n6c

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://streamable.com/nhz7
Courtside billionaire Lucille Bluth lady yells at Lebron James to "just suck it up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Roro posted:

No, he grabs the stick/whip that the soldier was beating his victim with. You can see the soldier rearranging his grip on the gun at the end of the clip.

Yeah I have a feeling Orange Shorts' day went downhill after that.