Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I drive to work at night, and 2-3 times a week I have someone dressed in all black jump in front of me out of nowhere, forcing me to brake full force to avoid hitting them. It's definitely shithead kids doing it on purpose because they run away laughing every time.

If I get a dashcam, can I start running them over? Or do cameras just get you out of the insurance fraud part and not the vehicular manslaughter part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I always assumed that a turkey in a deep fryer was a seasonally themed variation on the good old watermelon in a deep fryer trick, rather than something that people seriously did in an attempt to produce an edible meal.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

A guy I knew back in school submitted to a field breathalyzer test and passed because he was totally sober, then the pissed off cop "smelled pot" and decided to tear apart the interior of his car with a Ka-Bar and throw all of his poo poo into the ditch during his "search". He kept his license, but once a cop has started an interaction with you it's going to end with you getting hosed somehow.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Murphy Brownback posted:

Maybe just don't drive if you have any alcohol in your system at all so it doesn't matter if you do the roadside test or the one at the station. This is one weird trick to keep you from getting a DUI.

Because then you get a public intoxication charge for walking/taking public transit home.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Zero One posted:

I don't play WWE games but I have heard that 2k16 is FAR superior to the 2k15 version. I wouldn't throw a fit but I would be disappointing to get a bad version of a video game series.

Throwing a fit like this kid did is lovely but I'd probably give a gift card for the value of the game if it really was that hard to find in stock. Intentionally giving them the wrong thing is kind of saying, "Hey I knew exactly what you wanted for Christmas but gently caress you."

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Are these boards actually difficult to learn to ride, or is this just another symptom of most people being failures at everything?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

In my state, "no guns allowed" signs do not carry the force of law and ignoring the signs and bringing in a gun anyway is not a crime. If a business owner sees a toolbag walking around with a gun, he can ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave, they can be charged with trespassing. This works the same as someone being asked to leave private property for any other reason.

This means that an armed person has three options. They can notice the sign and decide to shop elsewhere. They can shop at the store without announcing the fact that they have a gun or showing their gun to people, because under current law it is legal for them to do so and go about their day. Or they can be an OPEN CARRY ADVOCATE and scream and pass out pamphlets because rights are being violated and poo poo.

Keep fighting the good fight, folks.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Yeah, my point was that even in a state where legally carrying a gun into a place where you aren't meant to have one is as simple as just not giving a poo poo, open carry people are still trying to gently caress things up because they are that obsessed with making sure everyone knows about their gun.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

nerdz posted:

Yeah, what's the advantage of glue traps? A relative's house had such an absurd rat infestation at their garden that we would set up 5 spring traps, wait around five minutes, hear 5 snaps almost simultaneously, take off the rats and set them up again. This went on for around 2 hours. I can't even understand how much that would cost in single use glue traps.

Glue traps are useful if you have mice that are small and light enough to not set off spring traps, and one trap can capture multiple mice at once because another mouse already being stuck to it doesn't seem to warn off other mice at all. Almost as if mice are dumb as hell or something.

They can be cruel, but only if you leave the mice to die slowly or oil them up and watch as they struggle for freedom for some reason instead of just killing them after they're caught.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

How many years until vaping equipment mishaps overtake just lighting leaves on fire and smoking them in annual deaths?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

quote:

I’ve since stopped using my heater. Have you ever slept fully clothed under several blankets just so you don’t get a cold and have to miss work?

A grown assed adult that hasn't heard of germ theory is also bad at managing their finances? Coincidence, or... could they be dumb?

Also lol at the concept of being cold in the SF area.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Taking a collectible item in pristine condition and completely obliterating the original finish and having that tank the value is hardly bizarre.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Humans don't really have absolute colour perception. Our brains take so many cues from our surroundings that we're easily fooled.

People see colours which aren't there in those dress and jacket photos there because they're subconsciously adjusting for the conditions they think surround the clothes.

Explain what I'm supposed to be seeing here, because I see orange and magenta horizontal stripes with mint green segments moving back and forth. Do some people see the moving parts as navy blue or what?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

My state has a graduated driver's license system, with different levels available at age 14, 16, and 18. I waited until I was 23 and received my full license right away because being over 18 makes you a good driver, even though I had never driven a car outside of a video game before.

I commented that the test way a lot easier than I was expecting and they openly told me that the test was meant to be nearly impossible to fail, since they knew that people were going to drive no matter what and they might as well collect the licensing fees and have everyone's info on record.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm assuming that she fits through the door when standing but was planning on riding the scooter back to her car and ditching it in the parking lot because that's what 98% of people using those scooters do.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

If nothing else, having Tannerite readily available in kits probably keeps people from screwing around with more dangerous stuff. It's powerful enough to blow the hell out of whatever you are blowing up, but no amount of accidental shock or fire will set it off.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Video of the guy blowing his leg off: http://www.11alive.com/mb/news/local/video-man-loses-leg-after-shooting-lawmower-full-of-explosives/100110740

No gore and schadenfreude off the charts after seeing the tacticlolness.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

People recording mirrored videos is an even worse trend than portrait orientation phone videos.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Kurieg posted:

Former marine found out a family friend was molesting his daughter. Sent him a text message from his daughter's phone saying that she needed a ride in a little bit after a shower. Guy shows up. Former marine records the ensuing confrontation up to the cops showing up.

Further explanation and audio behind the link

http://imgur.com/gallery/tLrX1rz

""I thought you showered yesterday" holy cow

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

NewFatMike posted:

Thank you, YouTuber for putting the red circle around the driverless trike during the recap. I had a hard time finding it the first time around.

I still can't find it because he didn't replay the footage at several different arbitrary speeds!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Nighthand posted:

Also, a LOT of old sci-fi authors got early stories published in Playboy, back when it was that and pulps hidden off in corners before SF made it big in general as a genre.

If you like sci-fi short stories, Playboy did a big compilation back in the 90s that's pretty great.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0061073423

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Somebody should invent an outdoor activity that is like airsoft but doesn't involve being around airsoft people.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I hadn't thought of it and have never tried it but this might actually be what I'm looking for.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Since I've only seen cockatoos in Internet videos of them being huge shits, it somehow just never occurred to me that they are real animals that actually exist in the wild and now the way I think of nature has been totally changed.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The actual problem with working weekends is that it's the first step towards a company not replacing people as they quit until they have about 1/2 the number of employees actually needed and then making everyone left work 84 hour weeks.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I distinctly remember a children's book being read to me in kindergarten that described tacos as being "a kind of little meat pie". (The books were all from the 40s because books don't help you play football.)

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I think he's got earplugs in. It's a video of a video and they're close to his flesh color, but I think I see them.

It always bugs me when people watch a video or see a photo and point out that the people aren't wearing hearing protection. That means that they don't realize that foam ear plugs don't extend past the end of the ear canal when properly inserted, which means they've probably never properly inserted them themselves, which means they are probably deaf.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

LonsomeSon posted:

Oh man if only there was some way to have predicted that something like this was possible?? If only there had been some alternative?!?!

what's the alternative

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Decrepus posted:

When I worked at Walmart (lol) I had my balls busted all the time when they found opened CDs (lol) in the area I worked. They'd always say I needed to greet the customers more often to prevent this deplorable behavior.

LOL, I'm the only minority in town and even if I beeline straight for the item I need I can't make it through Walmart without 4-6 people asking me if I'm finding everything okay. Some of them are practically running after me to "help" me.

I've never heard of loss prevention being able to detain people and not just get an assault charge out of it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Fill cart with poo poo, walk out, ignore people telling you to stop.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I hate going on holiday and being dragged to restaurants/bars that Americans also visit because often the staff will then, hearing you're a native English speaker (even when you speak the local language), assume you're American and expect you to tip 20%, even for lovely service and overpriced food - and they're more likely to treat you like poo poo, too. Whether that's anti-Americanism or Americans abroad just being turds, I don't know, but it sucks and I'm really going to have to ask you guys to just stay home until you get your poo poo sorted out, because you're loving it up for the rest of us. Thanks

If you get bad service in America you're supposed to tip the full amount but be an rear end in a top hat about it. The most popular option is to throw the tip under the table so they have to crawl to get it, but I've always been a fan of super gluing a $20 to the plate.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It sounds like restricted mode is supposed to work on a per-video basis but the Vet Ranch guy is having videos restricted even when it's a video about looking at cute puppies.

Also, putting ammo in the microwave is actually super fun, but it's not as good as that other guy who put a bunch of .22lr in a popcorn popper.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Maybe it's just because I grew up in a super hick area but it's really weird to me that showing the insides of an animal is considered controversial or :nms: to anyone of any age group.

I was wondering if kids still get to dissect stuff in school but it's probably a felony to bring a scalpel into a school now or some poo poo.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

baquerd posted:

Does she buy makeup based on how flammable it is, or what the hell causes her to be wreathed in flames.

This thread has taught me that everyone in GIFs uses kerosene to detangle their hair each morning.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I've definitely used "PISS" as a generic exclamation before. :shrug:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Iowa is another such state. I know this because a co-worker is currently fighting the state to get his garnishment stopped because tons of his check still goes to his ex-wife even though their child is in his 20s.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Elizabethan Error posted:

^^^ pick one of the bats flying downwards
the canister in question isn't the readymade kind you pick up with nitro inside, it's more like this(except poorly made):

For the people not familiar with these devices, not a single person in history has actually used one to make whipped cream.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

And when they do remember to change shoes, it's always a leather slip-on shoe. Fed fuckin' LOVE penny loafers for some reason.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

AlmightyBob posted:

He either recocked it or he was carrying a gun so broken just poking it would fire it and I find that hard to believe with a revolver

If it's something like a Single Action Army clone, the hammer needs to be brought to half-cock to allow the cylinder to turn so it can be unloaded. Through a combination of being unfamiliar with 19th century revolvers and being really careless I could see it being possible to shoot off a round while trying to unload it. That still doesn't explain the first shot and in most "the gun went off" stories everyone involved is super full of poo poo.

Even then, lots of people use something called a "holster" so the trigger is covered and the issue is eliminated completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Here they just keep the wrong people from voting by asking for "proof of residency" when registering to vote. My driver's license, a few bills, and a few of my most recent paystubs were all "not valid".

:patriot: