Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

wayfinder posted:

Cirque Désolé

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

WarpedNaba posted:

People still watch Redtube? Something should've taken it's place by now

Red dit

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Schadenfreude Thread: Kids loving up and hurting themselves is normal and an important part of learning about how the world works

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Rah! posted:

I am intrigued. Please tell us your story about poo poo lasagna.

No tuba didn't read

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

LordSaturn posted:

Just because I personally love audiophile quackery and the schadenfreude of $1200 power strips: http://wathifi.tumblr.com

The thing is, that most of what they say is correct in the sense of electrical interference, shielding, etc. you do get grandees between components due to electromagnetic interference.

However, the amount it affects things at that level is so minuscule it's like wiping off your fruit at the grocery store before you weigh it, since the oils from residual fingerprints have a nonzero mass.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm at a complete loss as to what she thought she was doing.

She danced, she fell, she danced again.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Consoles are cheap because their prices are subsidized by people buying games for them.

Microsoft was losing money on each Xbox sold, the only way a Steambox could be subsidized like that is if Valve produced them directly or they gave a cut of whatever was bought on them to the manufacturer.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

KoRMaK posted:

Hmm geez wiz I wonder if Valve could sell games to offset a loss leader like a Steambox.

Why bother though, they already have all the hats they could ever want.

They could, but every other company that makes them (Falcon, IBP, Alienware, whoever) couldn't subsidize the cost unless Valve gives them a cut.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G8_BbERk8o

Wanamingo posted:

That's not just Microsoft, it's the industry standard to sell your consoles at a loss. Whenever the cost to make them goes down then that means it's time to cut the price and get back to losing money on each unit.

Sort of, Nintendo was making $50 profit off each Wii sold.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Rysithusiku posted:

Release 3 greased pigs on campus, but first paint big numbers on them. 1. 2. 4.

whoa stealin this one

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

veedubfreak posted:

Neither do 60s beetles.

Wow next thing you're going to tell me is that that one girl didn't really get a frozen hot dog stuck in her and have to go to the emergency room

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Oh man you guys wouldn't believe the wacky things that happened at my school:

Girls going to the ER with hot dogs stuck up them
Ejaculating in creme filled donuts and giving them to officials
Letting livestock loose with numbers / letters / etc
Assembling cars in offices / hallways / extradimensional spaces
Cops arresting road workers / gardeners / etc
Psychologically manipulating facility through behavior reinforcement
Psychologically manipulating animals to attack referees
Putting laxatives in the cafeteria lunch
A girl asking why semen tastes so salty if it contains sugar
Flat tire questions on missed exams

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

synthetik posted:

It's weird he didn't get margined when he couldn't cover his losses, but I've never used etrade.

I'm amazed eTrade gives you a margin account with a 25K call limit in it and no other appreciable securities in other funds they can liquidate if you put $33K on naked shorts.

I've used eTrade for "normal" trading, and I thought the margin accounts needed a hell of a lot more than $25K and some good wishes with it.

Alternately, maybe he does have some other securities or something and is just trying to play the victim for donations so eTrade doesn't seize them.

edit:

quote:

The stock was at $16 and my account was negative over 100k. I figured it was a mistake, Etrade would never let that happen, they must have cut the position when my account got to $0....nope. I immediately called them and they confirmed I still owned all the shares. He says that it got out of hand too fast for them to cover me, he says that all he can do right now is cover. I was devistated. I asked him to cover at $16 and he waited trying to find me a good exit. I told him to do it asap and the fill was around $18.50 avg.

At the moment not only is my $37k gone, but I now owe ETrade the negative balance of over $106k. I always knew I could blow up an account and I was financially able to "afford" to lose the $37k. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Etrade would NOT have some sort of stop or circuit breaker in place that would automatically cut a position if the account went to $0.....how could they ever let it get to -$144k loss on a account that small!

eTrade would never let that happen, I thought they automatically bought options for me to cover my shorts when my account goes to 0! I can't find the historical trading data, but I can't imagine buying some calls to cover would be more than a hundred bucks or so, considering the historical data?

He gets his buddy to do a covered call for him in hopes the price drops back down and he can exit at a wash? l o l

How does this guy think a margin account works. I can't wait for the lawsuit comedy that follows this.

I love that the stock price was also $2, so his theoretical maximum gain was $2/share, but his theoretical risk is infinite (or in this case, 144k when eTrade freezes your account). This is a total cash grab that got punished hard.

PRADA SLUT has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Nov 20, 2015

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
He didn't intend to slide, you can see him trying to slow / stop himself in the first few seconds before giving up.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

oldpainless posted:

Trump would do a pretty decent job I think.

Probably have less murders and killings than Obama at least.

One less stabbing than Carson though

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Star Citizen Simulator 2k15

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Turtlicious posted:

I don't follow politics, what did Hilary do that was vindictive?

Had a vagina

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Sadly, that sign is gone now.

404d

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

chitoryu12 posted:

The big problem with them is probably that stepping on or off will gently caress up the balance, so if you're not careful it'll suddenly move and an accidental shift in body weight could cause a chain reaction until it slips right out from under you. Likewise, someone who panics when it starts moving will just make it fly around until they fall off or crash.

That's the big problem, it compounds any reflexive movement to avoid something, and you have no other method of stability. It's only a matter of time before someone drives themselves in front of a bus with some jerky motion to avoid something.

whalestory posted:

Actually it would be really cool if everyone was zooming around on one while wearing google glass

I don't think they make them that big.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

speshl guy posted:

I see a lot of things wrong with this, and an overall absence of 'freude. First of all that dude has a list of defamation, plagiarism and distortion allegations longer than his bibliography, which is to say that not only is he a douche, but he's an unethical douche.

Secondly, the issue of poverty and homelessness in Detroit is not something you can just take sides on, especially when the most passable case study you could do a report on involves the homeowner getting arrested for attempting to kill the squatter with her car. We're not off to a great start here.

After glossing over the attempted murder, LeDouche goes out of his way to make sure the squatter mentions she's on WELFARE and she DEFINITELY HAS A DISABILITY GUYS SHE'S NOT FAKING IT. So now that we've sufficiently established a confirmation bias in all of the Fox viewers, we can get on with arresting this dirty squatter so that she can be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, leaving her child parent-less and in the care of the state for over 2 years! What's that, we forgot to mention that she had a child? Well that might make her too sympathetic, because what person wouldn't move into a seemingly abandoned house when they have a child to care for, so let's just gloss over that and get a close up of the handcuffs locking in place around her dirty squatter wrists. Excellent reporting, guys, our journalistic integrity is definitely intact and we've solved Detroit's homelessness epidemic.

ah, so it's really about ethics in physio claim journalism

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Volume posted:

How is your first thought not choking?

Grandmas spoon had a 45 degree bend in it

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

bobjr posted:

Well remember Rick Santorum won it in 2012 and we all know what happened to him.

can't wait to try "the Cruz" on my gay lover

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

ekuNNN posted:

I heard the kid was autistic.

:perfect:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,