Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I haven't been this excited for a game since Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm gonna be a normal white guy that self-identifies as a Ghoul with an otherkin taking the persona of an anthropomorphic pony.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm getting super excited.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

I believe Fallout 4 can be unlocked 6 hours earlier on monday by using a vpn to london.

Can I unlock it 18 hours earlier by using a VPN to New Zealand?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Connected to a VPN in Finland. Installing FO4 now!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Already enjoying this a lot more than the previous games. And I really enjoyed the previous games

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

No, he means the game will crash sometimes when you use a terminal.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Echoing the sentiments about looting, interactions, and shooting. Also the way power armor and weapons mods work is cool. There's an actual reason to stockpile random crap now.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Just make sure your motherboard can support PCI Express 3.0.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

Pretty sure I've got pcie 3.0. I've still got dual gtx 470s so it would be nice to just plop in a new video card and be fine for several more years. I really want a new motherboard that has usb 3.0 though.

You could just throw in a PCI-X x1 card that has USB3.0.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=usb+3.0+card&N=-1&isNodeId=1

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm using the detective guy right now. Dogge always gets in my way at inopportune times :(

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My roommate was rattling off some of the criticism that's been leveled toward FO4 and it sounded like it had been ripped right out of games:

"You can't just be a dick to people and be evil. So it's really limited the role playing settings."

"The interactions are too simplified so you can't see exactly what you're going to say to people."

"The crafting process is too easy now."

He also said Skyrim was bad and plays Eve so I don't really value his opinion on computer games.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Is there a way to make new weapons like in the previous games? I've found a few lunchbox mines in the wasteland but can't find a way to make more.

Maybe unlocked as a perk?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I just got into an insane 15 minute long fight with a group of super mutants at the relay station near the national guard training facility. Brother of Steel flew in and were engaging them as well, until a nuclear suicide bomber took out half their contingent.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Do your guns like level up with you or something? I have some that I've had forever that wreck poo poo with minimal upgrades and whenever I get a new one it does like 5 damage.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Steam controller owns pretty hard for this game.

I've had the disappearing weapon glitch, constant left input bug, and occasionally the game won't properly exit out of big picture mode.

Got a steam link already and a steam controller arriving this week. Pretty stoked to play it on my TV.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I bought brand new everything last year for around $1500 (including 2 monitors) and am able to play Far Cry 4, Witcher 3, and FO4 on max settings. So if you're willing to drop about a grand you could probably get something pretty nice.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hell, the 250 GB EVOs are on sale like twice a month on Newegg for usually around $80. I just keep picking them up and adding them to my RAID.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Guy Ritchie films taught me that all Brits are packing heat at all times.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

There was this MI6 spook at Ghazni who looked and sounded like that dude. It was magical.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

lol

Kill Ernie at the racetrack and activate the self destruct sequence in the terminal.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Any way to reassign settlers so I can make them do trade routes?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Squire from one of the earlier BoS missions is literally dressed like a Hitler youth. And tells you that he can't wait to watch you cleanse the commonwealth of undesireables.

This game is the GiPpest of games.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They didn't multithread the game from the get-go? WTF bethesda.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ded posted:

the game is made to run on consoles. thats why it has these weird as poo poo fps issues with animations breaking when you pick locks and use terminals

That still doesn't explain it, because the Xbone and the PS4 both use multicore processors.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ded posted:

if survival mode was like the hardcore mode in NV it would be a lot better. but nope its you do less damage, heal slower, get hit harder, and have to do 50x more damage to kill anything.

Yeah I imagine the modding community will fix this shortly.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah isn't the character a general? Since when has a general ever actually done any manual labor.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

only thing that needs repairs is power armor in this one

Yeah and it's bullshit because it always takes the same amount of poo poo to repair it, even if all you did was get shat on by a stingwing.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah .38 and 5.56 rounds are basically free money.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So I got inside The Institute.

Is meeting "father" the actual end of the game/main story line, or does it keep going after that? I've run some missions for them, but I haven't had any missions in the entire southern half of the city so I'm assuming there's more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I opted to go with the Institute because the BoS is boring and the railroad is cool but meh. Some of the fight sequences are pretty cool.

• Locked thread