Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I have a .45 battle rifle that shreds, but that .308 receiver mod is just mocking my lack of perks.

Give me my goddamned M1A, you assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

thetechnoloser posted:

Fallout in 4k is just... incredible. Love love love it.

Just wanna say yeah, this. I'm running on a rig with three GTX 970's and holy gently caress does it look amazing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
press Q for VATS left mouse click

it's an arcane science to master

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Dead Reckoning posted:

Aw man, is this is the game that's finally going to make me upgrade my CPU? I have an E8400 that's been clicking along since 2008, but it looks like it's barely at mins. You guys think I should I upgrade my MoBo while I'm at it?

I just spent ~5k or so on a whole new setup so don't look to me for good decisions

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yeah, this rig I have now is overkill

Every PC I ever had was just barely able to run new poo poo and I finally loving snapped with all the cool new games coming out. This thing should slaughter anything that comes out in the next half decade.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
yeah, SSD's are amazing, just made the switch and it boots like a dream

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

what the gently caress did you buy?

An Alienware Area 51. I knew better and I did it anyway.

It's loving awesome.

e- i7-5930k, 32 gigs of DDR5, 256G/4T SSD and three GTX 970's

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 16, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
didn't get it on credit though lol

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
To be honest, it's a really nice setup. Quiet as gently caress, no bloatware, stable temps, and was only like $300 more than the parts would have been anyway. With this much hardware on the line the warranty is a nice thing to have.

I think I can live with the stigma.

Fucker weighs like 60 pounds, though, and heats up a room fairly quick.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's gratuitous overkill, honestly

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The 970 isn't really that much worse from what I read, and in any case a single 970 is enough to kill anything today anyway.

I just spent the last 15 years upgrading poo poo every two years and got tired of it. I shouldn't have to touch this thing for years..... unless it breaks. It's a Dell, sooo....

Getting high and shooting ghouls in the face on this thing is medicinal grade therapy, it's great.

~350 in CS:GO lol

It's basically steroids in FPS games, tbh. Oh hey, I can see you long before you see me and I'm reacting faster, sorry bout that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

Right, it's gotten a lot better but games still ship without SLI support or come with broken implementations. I sold my two GTX660s and said never again.

Fun fact: This thing shipped with out of date drivers and SLI disabled, so it's not just the games that ship like that, lol

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I also drink Heineken

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

holocaust bloopers posted:

I stick with a heavy hitting semi auto combat rifle backed up by a shotgun and Righteous Authority.

This is what I'm doing, too. I need Gun Nut 4 so I can swap the combat rifle from .45 to .308

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ded posted:

I picked up a pretty bad rear end power fist in a lake. The only one I've found and it's a unique.

also have the best screenshot in the game

if you didn't help her get high, you're a monster

e- also how many of you are addicted to poo poo (in game)? I'm an alcoholic :smug:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I toss a few hundred screws or whatever if I need them

gently caress you a fan only has two screws in it

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

it has more but you rounded out the rest because you suck

every loving screwdriver in the game is a flathead!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

here lies mr fuckface

he never scored

loving lol

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the minigun is loving terrible and I never use it

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ded posted:

once you realize that a 'pretty' or 'walled to hold off invaders' settlement means absolutely nothing, you get over the building and just stick beds in lovely shacks and give no fucks

was I supposed to build stuff? 'cause when the Sanctuary bitches needed beds I was like "here, there's some stained mattresses over in that blown out house"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I've done some stuff, I built myself a lil shack with the only nice bed in Sanctuary, a pool table and a few chairs. Sometimes I just sit there and pound whiskey and jet

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

i didnt know donald trump was a space marine

that's a weird way of saying our Lord and Saviour, the God-Emperor of Mankind