Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Shoutout to Holly Bloops BTW:

holocaust bloopers posted:

I can only hope it ends with Boston getting nuked again.

Gonna give in from my usual "wait until the price drops", I'm too hype. Is that 20% off deal still going on somewhere and how do I get in on it if so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Couldn't get GMG to accept my card. Said gently caress it, I'm hyped enough to pay full price for a game for once. I'm a dirty civilian but the Games thread scares me, so I hope nobody minds if I chill in here.

So far, so good. Game is amazing. Looks pretty solid, definitely not just another build on the Fallout 3 engine. Anyone who says so is delusional. Just look at the way things FIGHT for gently caress's sake--Feral Ghouls dash, roll, slam into your poo poo. Real pain in the rear end now as opposed to being either target practice or bullet sponges before. And I haven't even run into any of the really nasty poo poo yet.

Power armor is amazingly satisfying, totally different experience as opposed to being just another set of gear. Need more fusion cores. Also need to get farming set up so I can get a steady stream of adhesive rolling in.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

Welcome. Have you put a red bandana on Dogmeat yet? :3:

No! I didn't even think to--I found one, though. That bandana is going straight on that dog after work tomorrow.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Minor bugs:

-Shift - tabbing into Steam overlay breaks the tab button until you do it again

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Have built most of a settlement entirely out of clipboards at one point. The things I'm always running short on are adhesive (though that's been mostly solved, thanks vegetable starch), oil, copper, and fiber-optics. Also wood depending on whether or not I'm in the middle of a building frenzy.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The Triple Barrel mod with the heavy weapon perks makes it a bit better. loving shame you can't have special ammo types like in FO:NV, loved setting people on fire with incendiary .50 cal.

There's a special Minigun you can get from a quest in Goodneighbor which makes every bullet it fires incendiary.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Been experimenting with all kinds of guns but I've never been so happy to see one come back as the Railway Rifle. Has only become even more amazing in its one-game absence.

Whoo whoo motherfuckers

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Basically Arthur Maxson absorbed all the wrong influences, West Coast as opposed to East Coast, and transformed his BoS into basically an occupying military dictatorship. The difference being that on the East Coast there was no NCR to overawe the BoS so they turned into complete douchebags. They're also turning into the goddamn Enclave with their "pure humanity only, no nonhumans allowed to live" poo poo.

They're also still very much a military--there's terminal entries about soldiers shirking duties to go fire the fun toys at feral ghouls, soldiers having "who can drop the farthest" competitions off skyscrapers and off their airship.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I'm still pretty into the settlements, but I think that's just a difference in mindset--I'm an architecture, Cities: Skylines kind of guy.

Plus, while the big open square spaces don't do anything for me, I love taking the weird ones like Hangman's Alley and seeing "okay, how can I actually make this place a functional settlement given that it's a goddamn alleyway like half a block long?"

(The answer is to build a hellish scrap tenement, but I managed to fit ten people and a full marketplace in there)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Nope, guns don't degrade anymore. You CAN tear down spare guns into scrap parts if you run into a weapons workbench and likewise with armor, which usually reduces weight, but after a while you're going to have more than enough of the parts those turn into. THOUGH, you can get perks that get you better poo poo from junk guns when you tear them down.

EDIT: Yeah, power armor needs repairs, but that's it, and you can't repair it in the field.
vvvv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

ded posted:

but the minutemen are unkillable :(

i really wanted danse to be killable and when i lit that rocket engine up i was hoping to kill him

That poo poo doesn't kill him? I avoided turning that fucker on because I was trying to avoid killing him. drat it.

• Locked thread