Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Does this game have a pump action shotgun I can toy with or does it just go double barrel -> combat shotty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

press Q for VATS left mouse click

it's an arcane science to master

Oh poo poo is that the quick select for VATS? Trying to pixel hunt the torso hitbox on some bobbing and weaving flying bug is annoying as hell, thanks. :tipshat:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Is there any way to get a corpse out of a suit of power armor or do I have to snipe the core out while the guy is alive? I ask because last night in Diamond City some douce triggerman jumped into my suit to murder me and I couldn't find a way to remove the body (my best guess was strip the armor bits off and rebuild it, possibly on a new frame?) so I just reloaded.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

My main question is, why the gently caress did you take it off in wriggly field you dum-dum?

I'd been tromping around the wasteland and came back to sell some poo poo, as well as outfit a new rifle I found. So I exited the armor to use the workbench and SUDDENLY ASSASSINS.

Not that this stops settlers from jacking my poo poo but at least they get out of the fuckin things.

I should just start 'taking the keys' and pulling out the fusion core when I disembark in questionable surroundings.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Vasudus posted:

You can't get a power armor frame from a corpse, no. If you leave your power armor suit, take your core with you.

Easy enough, thanks!

ded posted:

I popped a raider out of his raider power armor. It counts as STEALING when I go into it.

Time to swap the armor pieces to a different frame. I found armor two suits (one complete, one partial, I dunno which or if both are subject to leveled loot list rolling) out around the National Guard reciting station you visit as part of the BoS quest to find the missing recon team.

e: Oh for people wanting to really trick out their settlements toggling God Mode sets all your resources to 999 so go wild, I guess. NoClip unfortunately stops electric wires from auto-snapping to poles and machines, so there goes that easy wiring trick. :sigh:

Arrath fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 17, 2015

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

I am level 30 and i have found like 5 powered armor frames with different armours. 1 being the starter set, 1 on a abandoned mil convoy and the rest of mil bases. And speaking of sets I have the T-45 set, a Partial T51 set, a full T-60 set, full Raider set. So dunno where the Enclave set is gonna be, but its gonna be somewhere.

Yeah I'm at 4 right now myself. My 2nd set was inside an armory and had 3 T-51 pieces on it, opening the armory also unleashed my first Sentry Bot. Hooooly gently caress was that a shitshow. I spent a good 5 minutes leading it in circles around a bile of conex boxes and slamming stimpacks. I finally got a good bit of damage in during a vent phase and it blows up. I go to loot it and it died in front of one of the conex's, which has an open door and sitting inside? A full suit of t51.

Good one, game.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I tend to run with whatever I have a fuckload of ammo for. Right now thats a tricked out fully auto combat rifle and Righteous Authority.

I'm sitting on a dope plasma rifle but ammo is quite limited right now. I do absolutely love that I looted a dinky plasma pistol and duct taped it into a kickass monster plasma rifle, though.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Lucky, my controller shipped last week but hasn't shown up yet. I prefer spray and pray, myself. If I can make it full auto, it is. Neat 10mm pistol? Now its a future Mac-10. Oh nice laser rifle, I'll bet its even better if it can mow down a town in one trigger pull! :getin:

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I like shooting people with the old timey cannon.

Say what now

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

holy poo poo i need that

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I miss being able to craft grenades/mines out of mini nukes.

Oh man I hadn't even thought of those. I'd love them for fighting sentry bots.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Reverence posted:

Or just download/make a .bat for materials.

A .bat? Why?

:ssh: Turning on god mode gives you infinite supplies.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

Just rescued Valentine and crushed the final confrontation by throwing a couple grenades at the crowd of people during the guy's speech lol

It's hilarious how the characters keep speaking even after their body parts are all over the room

I ran back by the area outside Diamond City where the drug deal goes down and Trish's headless corpse tried to tell me where the drug lab is. :stare:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The BoS sent me to a farm affiliated with my Minutemen to extort some crops. Instead of being like "Well since I'm the general of the Minutemen I'll recruit a few more dudes and plant some extra crops!" My only option was to strongarm the farmers into giving up the food and in the end the settlement switched to being the Brotherhood's. Or pass a persuasion check with the same end result.

C'mon bethesda.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mike-o posted:

there's far, far worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Melthir posted:

Survival mode recap......death.....death never changes. Two legendary raiders with nuke launchers that seem to have Vats like targeting have been enough to make me have to walk away from the game.

`

tgm

• Locked thread