Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Steam Link is sweet, but if you don't have a bad rear end router or LOS between the Link and your router you are going to have a bad time unless you run an ethernet cable. The best use case is as a HDMI and XBone controller breakout box.

I like mine when my network isn't dropping signal like crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

You have one? I can route an ethernet cable to it from a switch. How's the image quality?

Crystal. When I'm not dropping frames getting a slow network warning i'm getting 1080p 60. Rebel Galaxy looks loving baller on my big screen.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

holocaust bloopers posted:

You're running it on wifi?

Yeah. Which I don't recommend, but my use case makes it necessary. It's why I bought the Steam Link in the first place. My network just isn't very good. If you can get ethernet to your Steam Link it should be flawless.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The minuteman paintjob is freeeee

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I must have done something out of order, but there wasn't anything telling me to wait on it. The minuteman quest to take the castle prompted for me at level 10 or something? I hadn't even been to Diamond city yet. Holy gently caress everything was trying to eat my lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Turn on noclip when building.

• Locked thread