Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I'll admit, I chuckled when Liberty Prime pauses in his nuclear rampage across Boston to stop at a memorial, engage his patriotism subroutines, and wax poetic about remembering the fallen.

Good game, but I almost wish I'd never played New Vegas. The NV weapons just felt so much more solid, and I liked that a bunch of them were "real" or at least derived from real weapons. Better companions, too, though I'll admit Detective Roboman is cool as hell and Danse eventually grew on me.

Getting rid of skill points is unforgivable.

I love what FO4 did with radiation, though. Much easier to track with the new GUI. Same goes for the power armor. Finally feels like it's worth wearing.

Also, busting a cap in my rear end in a top hat son and pushing the button to nuke Boston (again) made everything else in the Brotherhood of Steel questline worth it.

And it took me a full playthrough before I figured out how to equip a bandana and doggles on Dogmeat. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

This is the pinnacle of human achievement.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

ded posted:

if Fallout 4 was like NV it would be a lot better. but nope

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

psydude posted:

So I got inside The Institute.

Is meeting "father" the actual end of the game/main story line, or does it keep going after that? I've run some missions for them, but I haven't had any missions in the entire southern half of the city so I'm assuming there's more.

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

that's only like halfway through the main quest

It's only halfway through the main quest if you hear him out and play his reindeer games. You can of course trash talk the Institute, put a bullet in your traitor son's head, and pop smoke. Then you launch right to the endgame missions for the Brotherhood or the Railroad. Bonus points for getting to tell the BoS leader to suck your dick from the back when he freaks out about what you just did.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I actually felt bad about killing Danse. It was basically the only honorable way out for him, so I did what he wanted. If my CHA stat was higher, could I talk him into giving me his dogtags and leaving? He was absolutely dead-set on suicide by cop. Probably the first time in years a game made me feel anything at all.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

thetechnoloser posted:

Shoulda done Institute. You still get to see Prime do his thing, after you help a synth hack it.

Weak. The Institute's Prime shenanigans last for maybe a minute, tops. The Brotherhood quest, on the other hand, is a glorious rampage across the city, wading across the river, paying tribute to war heroes, and finally drilling through the ground with laser eyes.

Obviously, your patriotism subroutines weren't engaged.

BoS ending best ending.

• Locked thread