Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

G*d bless this thread. The games thread is horrible. Even for a thread in games.

I don't know why this keeps surprising some of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Good. Honestly the novelty of explodiness wore off pretty quickly and without that, VATS is boring as gently caress. It's the main reason I gave up on 3.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

Bethesda is staunchly against child murder :(

Bethesda's obviously not a parent.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:vince:

Bethesda should've set release 10 days earlier.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

You need to persuade one of the nearby children to come with you.

:vince:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What the hell was that?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

For like $500 (cpu/mobo/ram) you can probably buy another 6 years of reasonable performance sliding towards mediocrity.

E8400 was my first foray into multicore and the end of my habit of buying AMD.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

:shobon: I hadn't really been paying attention. I'd been able to keep up with most games via a new graphics card and RAM sticks until... well, now.

All I really ask. I'm not buying a new monitor, so being able to drive ridiculous 4k resolutions is wasted.

I'm not the kind of person who tries to spend other people's money, but if you don't have a SSD yet you really should get one of those, too. The 500GB Samsung Evo is the cheapest it's ever been at about 50 cents per GB. They've dropped about $25 in the last couple of weeks. I have a 128GB SSD that's just for Windows, and it boots up to the start screen in like 15 seconds.

Edit: I think I have a first-generation i7 (because 7 is better than 5! :downs: ) but the SSD is the only thing I'm changing soon; then will be a new graphics card to replace the GTX 570 which still holds it's own pretty well.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 16, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

Do you resell or keep em? I flip old video cards.

I have a 9800GT running physx.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

If that was ever a valid way to make money it's not anymore. Bitcoins are incredibly stupid on their own, but you probably need one of those dedicated rigs to even feel like you're doing something.

The mining process rescales itself based on the computing power in the network, so yes it's absolutely pointless. As soon as the dedicated processing units became a thing, people mining at home became immediately obsolete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

psydude posted:

Yeah I imagine the modding community will fix this shortly.

I think they're busy modding in weird boobs and awesome outfits.

• Locked thread