Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

holocaust bloopers posted:

Games thread is awful.

GUYS THIS GMAE THAT ISNT EVEN OUT YET IS HORRIBLE BAD TERRIBLE AND IS STEALING MY CHILDHOOD AND RAPING MY CAT

8 more days till the world ends again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Of course being goons they are already talking about how they got a refund on their preorder.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
xcom is coming out 2 days after this release? lmbo

i'll wait till it goes on sale on black friday to get that

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

XCom 2 is February 2016.

oh. wow i totally misread the date on steam then.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
they could like not put kids in the game and no one would care

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i ordered a hardcopy. i bet the delivery dude doesnt even get it to my house till 8pm.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

krispykremessuck posted:

probably a cd with a steam installer on it, or just a steam key

i hope the cd has most of the install on it at least. 24gb would take a bit to download

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Yea and FO4 has like 1/5 of the actual game on the disc.

poo poo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
meh a few extra hours of waiting isnt going to kill me

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My horrible and old fashioned physical copy is out for delivery. Even tho it says it shouldn't be here till tomorrow.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Is it out on Xbone yet? I preordered and downloaded it but I thought it came out on the 10th not the 9th.

they used vpn to unlock it from new zealand or some poo poo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Looks like the CD has about 26gb on it.

edit : actually no it has 5.21gb on it.

loving :lol:

oh well using the vpn let me start the install at least

edit edit : 24gb to download after the cd

ded fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 10, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I remember why I ordered the physical copy now. It came with a poster.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
pro tip : quicksave every loving time before you use a terminal. ive already had 2 lockups from trying to use them

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Sup.

I'm Dick. Dick Pounder.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Exit the terminal before using your last attempt and open the terminal again. It resets the puzzle.

The animation fucks up when enter/exiting and freezes you.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
TRIGGER WARNING

DONT CLICK YOU WILL BE TRIGGERED

edit : at first i was like what the gently caress no skills??!??!?! then i realized that having a higher int wasnt actually bad

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
arcjet labs issue

the terminal needed to advance the quest seems to be broken for me. after i have used it my character gets frozen no matter how many saves i try

hmm 60mb patch maybe this will fix it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

the one to turn on the generator?

yes

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

poo poo man. All of your saves are busted?

I mean that sucks, but that's relatively early game.

Nah. I saved before using the terminal. Just no matter how I try to use it it bugs.

The update didn't seem to fix it.

edit : I was able to get it to work, but only on the first try from a brand new game load.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Damnit why is Piper protected. I wanted to blow her loving head off.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Game runs fine on my 780 GTX on high/ultra.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I found some armor that is like a permanent stealth boy when you sit still.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

So turns out you were an abusive husband that used to drink hand sanitizer and beat the poo poo out of your wife and child. She staged her death and kidnapped her son, seeking refuge in an Enclave safe house for abused wives. You turn up and use your Charisma skill to convince the Enclave social workers that you're from Child protective services. Then you feed your whore wife to some mole rats and ride off in to the sunset with your son on your new pet Deathclaw, Pickles.

game of the year

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I found a gun kind of early on and threw it in my stash thinking it sucked because it was just a pipe rifle. Then I saw it again and realized I could turn it into an automatic death hose.

edit : it's not unlimited ammo, it's just you can shoot till you run out of .38 ammo.

ded fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 12, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I just realized there are no steam cards for this game. I want my free 24 cents from card sales :argh:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

WHERE IS YOUR CAT GOD NOW

look at this guy. using a silenced pistol while in power armor

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Is there an easy way to make sure settlers are assigned to all the loving crops. It seems random as gently caress even if you try to do it manual.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If you are having trouble finding the alien crash site :

It is a short distance east of here

It seems to happen after you hit level 20.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The 'Vault Tec' light for the power armor is cool. But it gets distracting every quickly.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Oh man. I get to the institute and blasted the gently caress out of 'father' before he could say poo poo and couldn't leave the room. you really are shoehorned into being a doormat in this game

Still fun tho.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Well I found out my problem with FO4. With the terminals animations bugging out and lockpicking spinning way too fast. Turns out the game doesn't know how to handle high framerates on a PC because it was designed for consoles first. By turning vsynch on and limiting my FPS to 60 (my monitors max hz because it's an early 27") the bugs went away. I wonder if this will also fix the weird jumpy speech as well.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Be sure to check random corpses you find. Never know what you might get.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
no no no you guys see according to the games thread this game sucks that is not possible

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I popped a raider out of his raider power armor. It counts as STEALING when I go into it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Carteret posted:

I must have done something out of order, but there wasn't anything telling me to wait on it. The minuteman quest to take the castle prompted for me at level 10 or something? I hadn't even been to Diamond city yet. Holy gently caress everything was trying to eat my lunch.

The minuteman questline loving owns. You end up getting artillery you can setup at any settlement you control and can really gently caress poo poo up with it, if they don't move.

also random legendary loot can own

unlimited nuclear crap for the cost of 10mm bullets

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
in honour of kfff getting wrecked have a dog pic

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
How exactly do you upgrade your companions 'default armor'? I've tried taking the armor to the bench myself, I've tried ordering them to the bench. Neither works.

I've only tried on piper so far.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

You upgrade it at the bench yourself. Stick it in their inventory after and press the equip button- should be R or T. This is how you get them to equip clothes, weapons, etc...

Ok then her outfit is not upgradeable got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I picked up a pretty bad rear end power fist in a lake. The only one I've found and it's a unique.

also have the best screenshot in the game

• Locked thread