Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Actually, no. I should see who I can con into singing with me before I make a choice...

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

It may not be a famous duet, but it is a duet. Unsteady by Jubilee Riots.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Radiapathy posted:

It's actually my all-time favorite song, but I could never even approach those Mercury vocals. My Chemical Romance actually did an okay cover of it, but there are some obvious compromises in the vox. Freddie was so the man.

If you wanna do it I can try and supply the Freddie...

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

I haven't gotten my victim friend in to record yet and I accidentally closed without saving the bass tracks, but here's a rough sample.
Unsteady (Sample)

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

I may have to give this one a pass. A family member's health is in the shitter so I may have to take an emergency trip to Houston in the next few days.

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Okay, so I'm scheduled to record the lady parts :smug: tomorrow. Just in case, here's proof that I've actually been doing stuff.
Unsteady

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

gently caress all of you, the two of us spent three hours drinking and talking about exes to the point of being on the verge of tears as part of of the recording process and here it loving is.
Unsteady

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 22, 2015

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

Everybody post a nude as soon as the thread goes up

Don't encourage warcrimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

e: reviews

Maq7~ Tempted: As always, your production is great, but I just couldn't get into it for this one. I can't put my finger on any one thing that turned me off, and normally I can always get into your stuff. I think maybe it was just a little too much going on.

Trig Discipline~ Lie Still Little Bottle: I dig me some TMBG and I really liked the atmosphere you had going. I especially liked the bass. My only critique is that your vocals got buried under the guitar and horns at times, but overall I really enjoyed it and wish I could download it.

Koivunen Venus: Normally I'd critique your vocals, but I really, really liked how airy (hah) it sounded with your piano. There were a couple of places where the timing stuttered a bit, particularly around 1:45 and 2:02, but that's really the only criticism I'd offer if I had to. I really, really liked how trippy you got it to sound. This honestly would be a great song to listen to once you're already high. You were my second choice just because of how mellow and open this sounded.

Treasureplane~ I can't go for that: Your instrumentation is great but your vocal effects kind of grated on me. I really liked the mix otherwise and the guitar instrumental parts were very cool.

NTT~ Scarborough Fair: drat. You took one of my all time favorite songs and just went ham. I loved the guitar playing, although a smidge lower in the mix would help a bit where it overpowers your vocals, and your vocals are should be the centerpiece here, particularly where you go all melismatic. A little bit cleaner, a bit tweaking in the mix and I would pay for an entire album like this.

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 10, 2015

• Locked thread