Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

LogisticEarth posted:

Looking forward to this. My local photography club had Cole Thomspon present at their last meeting. He had a lot of great input, but one of the "doh" moments I had regarding his B&W tips was to put your camera in RAW mode (obviously) but set it to Monochrome. I knew you wanted to preserve the colors so you could manipulate them later, even if you planned it to be black & white. But for some reason I forgot that the camera would still record the colors in the RAW file, regardless of the camera's color settings. The advantage being that you can see the "rough" black and white view in the LCD preview, but still have the ability to manipulate it fully later.

It may be obvious but I found that a useful tip as a relative newbie to shooting in RAW.

Oh, hey, that guy! He presented to a camera club I was in, too. I stopped listening when he said Ayn Rand was one of his idols. http://www.colethompsonphotography.com/TheFountainhead.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread