Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

There is a massive, thick coffee table size book at my local library that's a survey of the most notable fine art photographers and photographic movements in the 20th century and 95% of them are black and white. Maybe I should check that out.

I like to shoot black and white film. I love black and white photography, but somehow can't get myself to shoot monochrome digital.

huhu posted:

I've been looking to improve my black and white post processing. The two tutorials I've watched on Youtube result in bad photos. Who teaches black and white conversion in Lightroom well?

I have no idea about basic LR tool workflows, but what about using VSCO black and white film emulations and cutting out the simulated grain? That seems like a quick & easy way to get good conversations of full-color RAW files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread