Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best
Pokémon
Digimon
M-Monster Rancher?
View Results

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Which is better, Pokémon or Digimon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Monster Rancher. I was too old by the time pokemon was all the rage.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I don't give a crap about any of that.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yes, I'm saying pokemon is for kids and girls or adults with nostalgic taste.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
After like 20 years Pokemon could be a really awesome RPG series with lots of cool mechanics and features due to having 20 years to grow but instead it's the same exact thing it was when they started except with more pixels on it.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

rediscover posted:

After like 20 years Pokemon could be a really awesome RPG series with lots of cool mechanics and features due to having 20 years to grow but instead it's the same exact thing it was when they started except with more pixels on it.

It is literally a game for children. It's good at being that. Making it much more complicated would be silly and counterproductive.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pokémon is a really awesome RPG series with lots of cool mechanics that they decide to forget every time they make a new game.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

I'd have more fun with the simple mechanics of Pokemon if it just had a hard mode or something. It's way too easy for me to enjoy. Every gym leader should have 6 Pokemon.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

It is literally a game for children. It's good at being that. Making it much more complicated would be silly and counterproductive.

yeah your right. but i still think they could do more with it.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
eh it's the same game refined really well. comparing gen 1 to gen 6 is like :eyepop:

i voted digimon btw

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
imagine digimon if it wasn't owned by bamco

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
probly pokemon, but the first digimon game was sooo good. i dont really play either nao. maybe id play a new monster rancher.. i dunno.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
pokemon out of the options but dragon warrior monsters

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Digimon are the champions, OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pokemon.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
the Digimon cartoon is better but the Pokemon games are best

Monster Rancher is really fun but like not even remotely similar, it's more like Harvest Moon

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Last one I played was Gold/Silver but when I read now about all the types and breeding and strategic charts I get super ducking confused and overwhelmed and it makes me anxious. Basically what I'm saying is that as a 30 year old man I have less brain comprehension than a literal child. Thank you.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Last one I played was Gold/Silver but when I read now about all the types and breeding and strategic charts I get super ducking confused and overwhelmed and it makes me anxious. Basically what I'm saying is that as a 30 year old man I have less brain comprehension than a literal child. Thank you.

g&s were supposed to be the last ones and gamefreaks magnum opus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ruby/Sapphire was my favorite, but X/Y was pretty drat good. I've played every gen except B2/W2

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
OR/AS was probably Game Freak perfecting the formula and I doubt I'll ever be excited for a new pokemon game (that isn't a spinoff like Pokken) again

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hope pokemon z just adds a ton of clothing and more props for pr videos and nothing else

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i made a lot of pr videos in x&y

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pokken Tournament is gonna kick rear end.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

In Training posted:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

In Training posted:

i'm excited.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I always enjoyed collecting all the different Pokemon and finding all the hidden areas and items way more than the battles.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mach2 posted:

the Digimon cartoon is better but the Pokemon games are best

Monster Rancher is really fun but like not even remotely similar, it's more like Harvest Moon

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I always enjoyed collecting all the different Pokemon and finding all the hidden areas and items way more than the battles.

This, and this as well

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
it was cool how every ps1 digimon game was different (even though world 2 had an inhuman amount of grinding)

i really liked the ps1 card game

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rediscover posted:

I don't give a crap about any of that.

gtfo the adult thread, you are 14

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Gamewise or cartoon-wise, OP?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

gtfo the adult thread, you are 14

Your starting to piss me off..

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

rediscover posted:

Your starting to piss me off..

Embrace your youth. Soon you will be old and tired.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Come on, it's time to digivolve into a friggin' adult and discuss the best way to raise a metalgreymon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've only played Blue and a little bit of X but I've never played a Digimon game so Pokemon it is.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Digimon games are good? I don't know why I assumed they weren't, the cartoon was pretty fun.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Digimon had the better cartoon but the Pokemon games were better.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Blackheart posted:

The Digimon games are good? I don't know why I assumed they weren't, the cartoon was pretty fun.

Digimon World 1 and 3 on the PS1 are extremely good. I've never played 4 but I heard it's not as good as 3.

All the Digimon Rumble World fighting games are technically bad but kinda fun still.

Digimon World: Re:Digitize on the PSP is supposed to be good and the fan translation just got finished like six months ago

the only one I've played that I disliked was Digimon World DS which is loving horrible

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Digimon World 1 was great but for some reason they never made another game like it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://otakuworld.com/index.html?/games/psx/mrcd.htm

Monster Rancher FTMFW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The one that isn't dead

• Locked thread