Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best
Pokémon
Digimon
M-Monster Rancher?
View Results

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

vote d Digimon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mach2 posted:

the only one I've played that I disliked was Digimon World DS which is loving horrible

Dusk and Dawn are better but still has its share of problems

also Rumble 1 would be a servicable smash clone if the game didnt literally stop any time anyone digivolved so that they could slowly announce that they are evolving and then transform

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Which is better, Pokémon or Digimon?

Pokemon and its not even close. If you played Digimon you were poor and I'm sorry about your poo poo childhood.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
omg I totally forgot about Monster Rancher, I used to play the poo poo out of that game

is harvest moon really the closest available thing out right now?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Pokemon and its not even close. If you played Digimon you were poor and I'm sorry about your poo poo childhood.

/thread

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress the bronies are here

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

Pokken Tournament is gonna kick rear end.

I;m going to play as Gengar

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
there are no good digimon games but a large number of good pokemon games

Soral
May 30, 2009

pokemon is good

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like gatomon

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
pokemon would be vastly improved by a poop system that turns your pocket monster into a slug if you ignore it

Kids these days need to learn the harsh realities of owning a giant metal rhino.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everything about digimon weirds me out. the bad anime, the furry art for the creatures, the games that might've been really good if it weren't for some terrible design choices but a small cult of dumbasses worships them. what is there to settle here?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Pokemon are my friends.

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
the first season of pokemon was good when it first came out. Then Ash goes to the pokemon league and it's some kind of tournament and he loses? then you realize every episode is the same and it's exactly like anpanman if you know what that is.

anybody keep up with pokemon? didn't brock get married or something? what's goin on with all our old buds.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Aston posted:

I;m going to play as Gengar

Oh hell yeah

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

zelgadis posted:

the first season of pokemon was good when it first came out. Then Ash goes to the pokemon league and it's some kind of tournament and he loses? then you realize every episode is the same and it's exactly like anpanman if you know what that is.

anybody keep up with pokemon? didn't brock get married or something? what's goin on with all our old buds.

ash got a new hat

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

zelgadis posted:

Yeah he got married but it didn't work out. We were all sort of nervous about it from the get-go, I mean he only knew the girl six months and it was nothing but pressure and bitching and she gradually sort of took over his whole life. He was pretty hosed up over the divorce, and then he ran over a family of bidoof while he was drunk and got suspended from the league for two years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark twisted short story starring the cast of Pokemon.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Tujague posted:

Yeah he got married but it didn't work out. We were all sort of nervous about it from the get-go, I mean he only knew the girl six months and it was nothing but pressure and bitching and she gradually sort of took over his whole life. He was pretty hosed up over the divorce, and then he ran over a family of bidoof while he was drunk and got suspended from the league for two years

Haha that's some sick poo poo dude. drat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Check this poo poo out: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Pok%C3%A9Mon

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Tujague posted:

Jesus... If more cartoons had dark and twisted plots like this... My loving WALLET :gonk:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Tujague posted:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

brock is a good friend.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Ditto Theory

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Ditto Theory

That's the first one I read and it was wildly disappointing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
"Everything Dies": A Pokemon comes to terms with the concept of death and mortality

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Alex’s mother noticed the faint sound of 8-bit music coming from under the door, killing her headphones theory.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The room looked as though a tornado had blown through it. This would be far less disconcerting for the room of a young boy if not for the blood spattered over every fallen book, every tilted poster, every scrap of paper on the floor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When she got home, she would listen to Vince [Ed. Note: Vince is a Leafeon] cry in the corner of the bathroom as she showered. "Why are those skanks better then me...?"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The yikes espurr

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

When she got home, she would listen to Vince [Ed. Note: Vince is a Leafeon] cry in the corner of the bathroom as she showered. "Why are those skanks better then me...?"

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's short for digital monsters, op. Good luck resolving your question.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Before I continue, I must tell you that this doesn’t involve Dialga at all. I just like it and originally wanted Diamond, but had to settle for Pearl because my brother got to it first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dec 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

• Locked thread