Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

pulled out my old iPod touch - well it was being used by the kids for all their entertainment but I took it back despite the tears with a smile on my face - this thing has ios6 on it. snappy. suits my needs.

if only it was on my iPhone 4s that cost $1300 in 2012

2012? wow tell us more about the war grandpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Your phone's release date is over 4 years old get a 6s already.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
no don't

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

no good son would let his mom use a 3gs ityool 2015

mom's currently rocking an iphone 6 :c00l:

:ughh: it used to be the best phone on the planet. stop bringing her down

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

no good son would let his mom use a 3gs ityool 2015

mom's currently rocking an iphone 6 :c00l:

huge belly laughs considering the comedy of a mother who isnt rich. lol, haha. imagine. imagine. rofl

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

huge belly laughs considering the comedy of a mother who isnt rich. lol, haha. imagine. imagine. rofl

ive made more money than my mom since i was 19

thats why she gets my old iphone

love you mom :unsmith:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

ive made more money than my mom since i was 19

thats why she gets my old iphone

love you mom :unsmith:

nice bootstraps. whats it like from the inside of the home with the chain link fence?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

enough with the probablies where are the lniks

LOL my rear end off if you buy a phone with only 16GB storage and expect it to still be useful in a few years.

"BUT I SPENT A LOT OF DOLLERS ON IT!"

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my iPhone 4s has a 64gb capacity and it's practically useless now, despite it not being that old

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Doc Block posted:

LOL my rear end off if you buy a phone with only 16GB storage and expect it to still be useful in a few years.

thankski to the power of icluoud 16gb is plenty. thanks timb.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ios9 has added no functionality to my iPad other then making it is slow as poo poo so I support the OP

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ios 9.1 is actually great and still is extremely usable on my mother's 4 year old ipad 2

its amazing how usable older iDevices remain years after they come out unlike android garbage

thanks timb and god bless

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

my iPhone 4s has a 64gb capacity and it's practically useless now, despite it not being that old

it was released in 2011 it's old

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yeah but it was bought in 2012

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

sounds like a personal problem

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

mishaq posted:

sounds like a hardware problem

agreed.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

exactly, its your hardware. its old.

four years old in fact

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Block posted:

yet you throw no criticism at all toward a conaony who makes a useless device coz I guess buys beware

also
this iPhone 4 only has 8 :smugmrgw:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
[quote="echinopsis"post="452136647"]
enough with the probablies where are the lniks

[/quote]

hey echi here are the cheap iPhones 5s

http://m.kijiji.ca/all-categories/ottawa-gatineau-area/iphone+5s+32/f?q=iphone%2B5s%2B32

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

also
this iPhone 4 only has 8 :smugmrgw:

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eric posted:

it was released in 2011 it's old

actually it's not old and what you seem to be missing is that say unlike mechanical hardware the phone is exactly as fast as it was the day it came out

the battery is worse but that's it

is it so unreasonable to expect it to perform as fast as it did when Steve Jobs himself revealed it to the world?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

why are you laughing? it's your precious company that purposefully halved the storage on the phone.. it never came out with 8gb until it was the older model..

8gb is fine. I have like 10 apps and every day iOS tells me it's full. tbf iOS does a stellar job of working fine while full though, idk it never really complains. just can't take new pictures

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

interesting ... I need to evaluate the second hand market as no way I am afford a new oldest phone

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i have a 4s just now and its just randomly decied tos top connecting to wifi

also trying to use the settings app to reconnect is crashing the phone

apple

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

why are you laughing? it's your precious company that purposefully halved the storage on the phone.. it never came out with 8gb until it was the older model..

8gb is fine. I have like 10 apps and every day iOS tells me it's full. tbf iOS does a stellar job of working fine while full though, idk it never really complains. just can't take new pictures

i agree 8 gb models were a dick move by apple, even they eventually realized it which is why they dont do that anymore

but lol that you bought one

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it was that ... or not have an iPhone

tbh I don't really care about the lack of storage. idrc about any of this. if all apps were coded to the quality of tweetbot I don't think i would even care about upgrading

I'm pretty cruisy in general

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Valeyard posted:

i have a 4s just now and its just randomly decied tos top connecting to wifi

also trying to use the settings app to reconnect is crashing the phone

apple

it's a piece of poo poo my 2010 MacBook and my 2011 Mac mini still work flawlessly but the iPhone 4s which cost more than the Mac mini [holy moley!] is a piece of poo poo hardware

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

it's a piece of poo poo my 2010 MacBook and my 2011 Mac mini still work flawlessly but the iPhone 4s which cost more than the Mac mini [holy moley!] is a piece of poo poo hardware

the iPhone was still new at the time

minimum usable computer = core 2 duo
minimum usable phone = apple a7

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

wat

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wait, why did you buy an iphone?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it was good. until I "updated " the operating system

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no problems on my end, op

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
not be sexist but i thought iphones were for girls

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

iPhones are standard issue for New Zealand police officers. an institution that is overwhelming male.

response staff have to make do with iPhone 6+

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

iPhone is the best phone, both for men and women.
m

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

they are for girls, beacuyse girlisl are intellingigent enough not to become ididot neckbeards married to a poo poo os like android or windows. iphones are also for cool hip and smart men as well. they are t he general phoen for poeple who are good and cool.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

non technical women and well groomed men.

how do I lock my own thread on awful.app on account of the rampant and blatant sexism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
this whole thread is rule 36 as gently caress

:qq: why is my 4 year old device so slow in an area of electronic device that's advancing in almost exponential scale?? :qq:

seriously we are wasting time arguing with someone who doesn't see value the same way in an device that's going to be used more than any other piece of electronics they own

and they just want to save a few bucks during the purchase even though there's been so much advancement already for just a tad bit more in price especially when the cost is being spread out over few years

bring rule 36 back, gas, ban etc.

• Locked thread