Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Oh my god, this is absolutely awesome. I loved Wurm - even tried to get back into it a couple of months back, but couldn't really find enough people to play with. Hopefully this'll bring some more people back to the game. =D

I love open-world/survival/simulation/building games, but none of the ones I have played have managed to get the balance quite right - Wurm definitely came closest for me so having a single or multiplayer version rather than MMO is awesome!

Are there any major differences gameplay-wise between this and the MMO version? Apart from being able to select multipliers for your game on launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

In the meantime I've got a temporary server called 'Dongpit' with 20 slots, the password is lljk. I'll be on later tonight if anyone needs teleports, GM priveledges, or silver for making a village deed

That's awesome, thank you dude. I can't see it though - maybe some ports need to be forwarded or something?

REALLY looking forward to getting back into this.

I've forgotten most of my Wurm knowledge though. Created a "local" server to test things out and almost immediately got owned by 4 NPC guards for some reason. Maybe selecting "none" for my kingdom was a bad idea? It's been a long time..

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Just had a look around Bearpit/Bearghazi. Super excited to see what happens with regards to this. I kind of like the winter theme. =)

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Have we found any tar or moss near Bearghazi yet?

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

The little thrown-together goon village is coming along nicely. Wish I had taken a screenshot 24 hours ago when it was just a bit of packed earth on the coastline.

My (very humble and totally overshadowed now by the other dwellings but I'm still proud of it damnit) shack and field and charcoal pits:

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

I've just finished my little estate - the exterior at least, and some of the interior, thanks to the help of the GMs. It's looking pretty swish now it's summertime =D

Some spooky pumpkins showed up out of nowhere as well, which was a nice touch by whoever that was.

Including this cheeky dude I found enjoying the view from my balcony.

Most of this furniture is purely decorative, but if you're into that sort of thing, this game has lots of options for you.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

I'm also gonna take a look at the Wyvern server which is getting 200+ players regularly now and might possibly be good for griefing and/or PvP

While I love my little roman farming plot, I would also totally be up for whatever pubbie griefing will fit in with my work schedule.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

xergm posted:

Now I have to get on and finish my little shack so you don't have to look out your window at my ugly construction.

Is it possible for a GM to spawn a metric poo poo-ton of wood? I might have a horrible idea for a megaproject at some point.

I'm certain they can - there's already a bunch of materials in the crates in Bearghazi, including logs (I believe). =)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

I'm in the UK too so I'm normally around odd hours, although usually later at night due to shift work. :v

Edit:

simosimo posted:

edit: With the max-stats goon server, can you still get better at the skills? Or are all players experts at everything. I'd like to be a master of something that would be cool. Master fisher or some poo poo.

You do get a _little_ better at things, although don't think it improves what you can do that much at this point. But you can definitely still pick your thing and be "the guy that does that," without it necessarily being a skill thing. I'm trying to build a huge earthen rampart up to the top of a mountain (like this Roman one at Masada http://m8.i.pbase.com/o2/93/329493/1/124318838.GN1QtHWD.JerusalemMay102173.jpg - which will probably take years). Other things you could do: Build a galleon and bulk transport resources for people. Locate unusual resources in the land and build cyclopean canals to them so you can get your galleon there. Tame a couple of bears and start an enormous bear farm. Someone else mentioned building a series of secret viet-cong style tunnels riddling the countryside around the land. Look into becoming a priest and the sacrifices/special skills that entails.

Having max skills is a great leg up, and that lets you pick your own goal, which in Wurm is somewhat limitless in terms of building. =)

Lor fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 4, 2015

• Locked thread