Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Ah my favourite Medieval poverty simulator.

Is this going to be pretty stable in terms of engine changes and etc? I enjoy WURM and would love to have a singleplayer map going for months/years, but if it's like most sandbox games and map files become obsolete after a patch or two then maybe not.

Is the goon server really not that grindy? Will grab the game if dumb poo poo like mining is a bit quicker (As I enjoy that, not the 20s timers to swing though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Got this for £18 after watching a few YT vids; will have a potter about later and hopefully find some goons!

edit: Jumped onto Bearpit for a couple of minutes, so do we pretty much stake out stuff and do what we want? What's a good small checklist of things to do as a newb (make axes or w/e)

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 28, 2015

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thanks to the guy who showed me the ropes a little - I think a few youtube tutorials are in order to get to grips with stuff.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Maybe I'm being stupid , but how do you start your own SP game? I'm looking to have a buffed sp game so I can understand the basics easier.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I did try and i'm a brit goon who plays unusual hours so no one is on. I will try again soon and hang around a bit more if I can. Cheers chaps

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
What is really need is a nicely written article of the starting basics. I keep meaning to read the wurmpedia but there's so much too do in the game I don't really know where to start. To build a house you need X , and to get X you need to have Y item, to make Y item you need have Z resource. I read about housing and I made a mallet head and shaft, then I needed nails - for that I needed.....you can see where i'm going. Just need that hook on the basics!

I do like the crafting window which someone said existed after I was stupidly making things one by one via 3 right click menus :)

edit: With the max-stats goon server, can you still get better at the skills? Or are all players experts at everything. I'd like to be a master of something that would be cool. Master fisher or some poo poo.

edit 2: Found some decent tutorial vids on Youtube so will just doing some absorbing while working

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Yep wyvern is the place to be if you want to bug people. It is nice to have people milling about their business. I got teleported to an island in the south west , now I am living out my LOST fantasies minus obese whimsical characters and hatches.

• Locked thread