Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So is this game like Sid Meier's Space Pirates 2015?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Any suggestions for dealing with the little fighters? I'm still in the starter corvette and they're doing surprising amounts of damage. I tried the flak guns, but apparently they just fire to the sides without aiming. My turrets do a decent job I guess, but I'm starting to get hit with bunches at a time and it hurts.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Does anyone else get weird periods where no music plays?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The devs have said that while they're not against mods, they weren't going to go out of their way to make the game mod friendly.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So does charging your broadside only increase accuracy, or does it increase damage? I mean, when I pull in close, can I just rapid fire to do damage faster since the accuracy doesn't matter as much?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I really wish the flak turrets would target enemy missiles.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Now that I'm on the second system, hoe do you rank up in the guilds? Is it just a matter of building rep by doing the missions on that guild's station boards?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Mining Lasers seem like they'd make decent anti-fighter weapons, actually.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Just got a Struville finally, and it is pretty sweet, a nice improvement over the Icarus (which was also awesome and I highly recommend, even with the side turrets).

Currently got it fitted with neutron beam broadsides, a pair of mining lasers (one top, one bottom) set to anti-fighter, an Ion Gun set to capitals only, and a pair of pulse guns set to whatever. Tearing poo poo up with it.

With I could find this fancy viridian lasers people are mentioning. The only "Special" gun I've found was a Mk2 Korian(Murian? can't remember) bolt cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You're only just now on the second system but you have a Destroyer?

Wait, do you really mean sector and not system?

• Locked thread