Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bad Parenting posted:

Is there any way to jettison cargo? I 'accidentally' picked up some illegal space slaves from a kill but can't find any stations that will buy them, and I don't fancy any more contraband fines from the militia.

Pretty sure esc key -> scroll the menus at the top to cargo gives you that option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Sometimes the system average price seems to bug out a bit.

I have a system claiming the average price of Tachyon Salts is 10k, but it isn't above 6k anywhere.

This is a bummer if I buy at 6k.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I love the second biggest merchant ship - shooty enough, fast enough, fucktons of cargo space.

It's a little phallic, though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of my in-progress achievements keep resetting when I start a new session. :raise:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Jimbot posted:

They really need to let you cycle through the stupid X prompts. Kill a guy near a station who drops cargo? Good luck docking if you don't have any cargo space left to pick it up!

It also keeps autodocking from working. :frogout:

This can be problematic if you're running a blockade and accidentally shoot down a fighter.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Jimbot posted:

I'd love for them to take a better look at turret placement for some of the ships. The Sorcerer suffers terribly from this. It's not even a case of finding what kind of turret fits where (though some ship configurations that seem busted can be solved by smart placement), the slots just flat out blow. On the other hand you have the Polaris which is a great ship and I'd even put it above the Minotaur. It has slow speed but it turns pretty well for the size. Plus it has the space junker look that all space truckers should find appealing.

I'm hoping the game does well that they can put their own team together and not have to contract out work. That's most likely the reason why they said they're not likely to make DLC.

The Space Phallus (aka Radovich, second merchant's guild vessel and my personal favorite ship in the game) basically has to make absolutely sure to staple its ion and flak turrets (ie, the things you want to have maximum coverage) to the top. Flank turret coverage is... not great.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Section Z posted:

So taking a closer look, it seems the Electro-Bolt Broadside guns I liked are Murath Scavenger equipment (MK2 Murath Electro-Bolt Cannon "Captured Murath Technology") . Looks like it's going to be down to luck if I ever get better ones? Considering only the Red Cartel has any stations it seems, criminal wise.

Ah well, guess I'll just get some generic MK3 Pulse Cannons in the meantime :sigh:

I love the infinite-ammo Murath missiles. Too bad I've leveled past my one copy of the mk3s.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

with a pair of MIRV turrets that have unlimited ammo.

I want some mk5 or mk6 of this for the side turrets on the Space Phallus.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

That's a bummer. I guess I'll save up to just be a slow space rear end in a top hat for the endgame then.

The Radovich / Space Phallus has plenty of guns, plenty of speed, and good hull scaling. It is my personal favorite ship despite the turret placement. For any big targets, broadside will pick up the slack, and if you can get a tier appropriate Murath missile turret, slap it on a flank immediately.

Also, note that you get 100% of ship value for a trade in.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Azhais posted:

There's always No Man's Sky

Don't toy with my heart! <:mad:>

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Anyone got a trade guide to link to? 90% of everything everywhere I go is well below 'system average', making it hard to tell what's a good deal. I'm guessing I should be responding to these news broadcasts, but I'm not sure what to drag to what for a decent profit.

The system average is, uh, not.

However, there's a graph marking highest and lowest prices per commodity you've seen lately, so just buy when you're kinda sorta close to the low and sell when you're kinda sorta close to the high.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought that graph mapped the price of that commodity at that station over time.

I am 98% sure it does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad that everyone else also loves the Radovich Space Phallus. :3:

• Locked thread