Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
It's a 1-to-1 of Black Flag/Rogue ship combat, but I wonder if it has systems and content in place to prevent the eventual tedium of that game. Different ships and weapons will probably help with that but I imagine the quests will be a big problem there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Now I can get my necessary allowance of space blues rock without having to play Starcraft.

Also the game is pretty good.

Orv
May 4, 2011

FrancoFish posted:

For anybody who wants it, here is a list of all the music from Eve Online in easily download able mp3 format. No conversion needed, game plays mp3s just fine.

http://www.modenstudios.com/EVE/music/

Below The Asteroids, the only song that matters, sounds weird like it's missing a track or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Klyith posted:

Yup, also someone from reddit just posted a ship pictorial index with the base data from the ship purchasing screen. (Spoilers if you care about being spoiled on the list of ships available.)

The Sorcerer is extremely my poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Section Z posted:

So yeah, I loving love the Null Gravity or whatever you call them boosters. The ones with slow acceleration but a top speed multiplier of %250 with the cheapest ones.

Pulled out of warp by pirates? Later shitlords.
Pirate trying to escape from my newbie ship? Nope, I'm going to inevitably catch up with you forever.

I expect it will probably be harder to escape in later sectors where enemies can probably slow me down or something, but for the moment it's just so great.

Also, everybody should follow the advice of the threat and get at LEAST one laser turret ASAP. Worth the investment even just starting out when 11,000 sounds like a lot.

Now get leech weapons and boat circles around people.

• Locked thread