Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

This game is pretty fun. I've done the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack thing, and it makes the title screen the best screensaver of all time. It's like watching a never-ending Homeworld skirmish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

HiroProtagonist posted:

Unless you take a frigate up against a dreadnaught or cruiser. :getin:

Honestly, I bought the cheaper Militia Dreadnaught and I loved the look, but I didn't have much after to supply additional turrets. I scrapped it and went back to the Tennhausen and haven't looked back. If you're good enough I think you can get by with just about any ship given that you upgrade defense and weapons appropriately.

EDIT: I've also recently been addicted to adding music to the custom library, and it's mostly 80's space anime jazz fusion and stuff like that. It's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qilYvWSg-Co

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 23, 2015

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yeah the Sturville cannot get enough praise, and it deserves it. I beat the campaign last night with it and it's fun as gently caress just outrunning everything and zapping poo poo into bits. I have Mk6 everything on the thing, and I'm wondering if the Radovich is at all worth it? I like the strange look of it, and it has a heavier hull which could prove useful for more hairy runs.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

That's a bummer. I guess I'll save up to just be a slow space rear end in a top hat for the endgame then.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Greyjoy is still right. The graph does not represent market value over time. It's simply an average of all the markets within the system, and the highest recorded value price vs. its lowest. Nothing about that graph states anything other than recency of the values given.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

travis posted:

The horizontal line on the graph is the baseline 'average cost' of the item, and the graph tracks the price of that good, on that station, over I believe 20 'days'. A day is about 1 minute of game time.
I am a big dumb. Sorry folks.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 2, 2015

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Section Z posted:

My leading cause of dead mercs was trying to ignore ambushes. "Aw poo poo guys, our free automatic EMP wore off. Better kill his 'Pro' mercenary in the few seconds it takes before it proclaims him allowed to warp away"

"I'll hold 'em off! Just get outta here!"

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yes.

• Locked thread