Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

5er posted:

Finally made it to the viridian laser club. Got one off a special cargo crate in the middle of nowhere, another off a bounty hunt on a capital ship for those talking honey badger guys. Sad thing is, they're just mk2, and I'm cracking into affording mk4 equipment. They still outshined the hell out of the mk3 pulse turrets they replaced.

I'm guessing it'll take a small miracle to find better versions of viridian turrets.

They are the best of the weapons, and so very green.

I'm rocking 1xMk6 (alpha turret, of course) and 2 Mk 5 Viridians. There is hope, just keep scanning & looting all the things with a [!] icon or a big blue square, and never not kill big fucker ships.

ickna posted:

I played the whole game without ever buying or using anything in my secondary ports.

You can do this, but that means you can't blow off a few missiles and therefore not be at full ammo, so you can hoover up the ordnance refill crates, which are identical to the good loot crates on the scanner.

Also, secondary missiles loving rock, especially for finishing off large enemy hulls quickly.

Some would go for ramming deflectors + mines as secondary, which will gently caress up capital ships too, though I prefer to keep my distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Clapping Larry

The Lone Badger posted:

I strongly recommend neutron beams (the laser-broadside). I found them way more effective than any of the others.

Seconded. And ^^^ thirded.

These things are great. They are expensive for a reason. Also, frickin' lasers!

And the Minotaur gets 10 of 'em...

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

Clapping Larry

WhiteHowler posted:

Hmm... I added more trucker butt-rock.

Mojo Nixon, Reverend Horton Heat, Drive-By Truckers, and even some older Black Keys songs are perfect for this game.

Well now. I always described this game's (excellent) music as 'dark country', which is a compilation you can find quite a bit of it on, but trucker butt-rock is obviously better.

If you want more dirty guitar tunes to accompany space-trucker destruction, but more metal-y, I can recommend the marvellously-named Alabama Thunderpussy too.

• Locked thread