Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Literally just bought this simply because of that soundtrack. Wow. Just wow. If its only half as fun as the Black Flag naval combat, this'll be a worthy purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Can anyone elaborate on the non-combat aspects of gameplay? Do you have an individual character with a crew that you can talk to, trade routes that can be established, upgrade paths, etc.? How many aliens can I gently caress in this game?

You can shoot things whilst listening to great music. That's about it. I mean, you can trade, its just a tad dull.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Okay, this may not be the mechanically best game, but it might be the most fun I've had with a game all year so far. This may be in part due to combining the entire soundtrack with the Ace Combat Zero soundtrack. Nothing like space mariachi ship battles!

I do feel like the music and the ability to not only swap, but to combine it automatically with your own music, is what really pushes the game up. Loving my time with it, and definitely recommend it to anyone interested in trying it. Now to work out if I can make it so that for really hard battles, it plays boss themes from different games...

• Locked thread