Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Something that bears mention is the soundtrack, some great space twang going on here:
http://rebel-galaxy.com/the-rebel-galaxy-soundtrack/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFB3Lgn1fY

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

WhiteHowler posted:

From what I've seen on Twitch, the game works just fine with a controller.
Picked it up before work this morning. Their pre-game options screen suggests using a gamepad, and from the 30 minutes I played it works well.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 20, 2015

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

wiegieman posted:

There are militia hit missions, yeah. You can boost your standings with the pirates by doing them, but then you have the cops angry at you and they're both heavily armed and present at stations.
There seem to be pirate stations around, so I assume you could dock up at those.

Doctor Schnabel posted:

does equipment carry over when you upgrade ships?
Yes

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

zedprime posted:

Its all licensed stuff, so I expect between itunes, Amazon, and BandCamp, its already all for sale (with contracts stopping the devs from putting a package together to sell themselves).

They've got the list on their website:

True story: I spent $30 in blues rock to add to my $20 copy of the game.

Currently my favorite addition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tN875A3Bj8

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 20, 2015

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Bernardo Orel posted:

Hm hm hm, "scan" and "use a pulse" are two different things? I only played for a bit so maybe I missed a button somewhere...

scan is back on a 360 pad, tab on the KB. Button prompt is in the top left of the screen.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I honestly can't decide if I like pulse turrets or particle beams for my turrets..

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Edit: nevermind, wrong station.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

sizuka2 posted:

Likewise, can't see a reason (except cost) not to go with beam weapons for most turrets. The increased damage seems to make them almost as good at stripping shields, and much better once you're down to hull.

I think the real benefit to beam turrets is their perfect accuracy. Pulse turrets seem to have a > 50% miss rate on fighters beyond a SM or so.

• Locked thread