Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

God this game rules. I live where I work so being able pick it up for only 25-35 minutes is pretty awesome for when I feel like playing a game a bit while I'm home for lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I want a sorceror because they look loving cool but everybody consistently says the turret hardpoint placement is hot garbage. I've got similar hangups about the blackgate's broadside spread, plus I just don't like how it looks. The blackgate is like some big retardo slab to me, but fukkin all them turrets, man!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

paranoid randroid posted:

i didnt find the turrets to be that big an issue with the sorceror. the rear hardpoints are a little weird, but the forward ones are perfectly functional. i went with four particle beams on the forward dorsal turrets and nose, six pulse cannons aft, a leech turret on the starboard flank, and a shield breaker on the port flank. i was basically always either presenting broadside to the enemy or angling in to do so, so most of the turrets were able to fire on any given target.

dreadnoughts are basically "win harder" mode anyway. by the time you can afford one, everything dies to a couple broadsides.

I may give it a shot sometime then. I'm already in a Tennhausen and not long ago I mauled three blackgates at once with it, so with the sorc having more guns than the Tenn I should be fine, considering your input.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If you don't get a hard on about all the naval combat in Black Flag, you prolly won't be super into this game IMO. Personally I love naval combat in pretty much every incarnation so this game is awesome to me. It ain't deep, but it's Black Flag in space without ever stabbing a guy and that's just swell.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Baron Porkface posted:

The soundtrack is a nightmare. I would not have bought the game if I knew it was a hurricane of trucker buttrock.

Feel free to replace it with all the Bieber you can handle if that's more your speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I really wish games had a way to turn off this music I hate. Something to give me choices concerning how this game functions, like some kind of "Options" menu.

• Locked thread