Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
This game is really evocative of the parts of Eve I enjoyed the most. Zooming around in my Sturville, zooming in and blowing up a cruiser then scooting off reminds me of everything good about the vagabond.

Edit: Just scored some Mk6 Field impact shields off of laser-dude invader. Was really hoping for an upgrade to my mk2 green lasers, but the shields are great. Went from 4k shields to 15.6k; my ship is even more like a vagabond now.

drgnvale fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Another work night, another 3 am quitting time. This game is hitting the same pleasure centers skyrim did, in addition to all the eve stuff. When should I upgrade from my Sturville to the next ship from the merc guild? I'm up to about 30m in assets and 11m liquid, and all of my tanking gear is mk 6, weapons are mk 6 broadsides and mines, and a mix of mk 6 and mk 5 turrets. Navigational gear ranges from mk 4 to mk 6, so I'll probably want to upgrade that stuff a bit more before jumping into a big rear end ship. I also assume I'll want to get the navigational upgrade to make it just a bigger, somewhat less agile Sturville with more punch.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Kesper North posted:

Yes, I'm playing right now and I miss consistently with broadsides under 1.5km, and most of the time up to 2km.

Are you charging them? I've never missed a fully charged broadside against any fighter within range unless they were flying under or over me at the time I released the trigger.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Hmm, that sounds like a good point. I've only been beeming on the starter ship, the tennawhatever and the sturville, and all three of those had good port placement.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Got around to doing three things tonight; got in a minotaur, then finished the main story, then got a Blackgate. I ended up going with mostly pulse turrets because mk 6 ones are pretty cheap, and my broadsides melt just about anything anyway. Its been fun, but I'm not sure what else I can do since nothing really presents a challenge at this stage (except massive wings of gunships, but I'll get EMP flack the next time I see it and that will be that). Its been a really fun game, and I'm glad I picked it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
You scared them off :(

• Locked thread