Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
does equipment carry over when you upgrade ships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just me or is trading ridiculously profitable? I've made well over a quarter million space dollars in just a couple hours by buying low and selling high. You can make like 30k in the starting system just by going from point a to point b, which is a little nuts when a typical mission usually involves twice the work for a tenth of the pay

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still annoyed that Sunless Sea wasn't more like this game.

Gamesguy posted:

The cheap frigate(scarab?) With 7 turrets but only 3 broadsides is incredibly good. Load up with a mix of pulses, particle lasers, and one ion cannon and you won't even need to use the broadsides, the turrets auto target and murder everything.

I took the homing missile secondary so I can just mash shift when I need more firepower.
Is it incredibly good in the first system, or the second as well? I've been wondering about that ship, but the thought of having to pay for seven individual turret upgrades was just way too spooky for me.

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 22, 2015

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

zedprime posted:

Daily reminder for everyone that ships and ship equipment buy and sell for 1:1 so you can experiment without losing net worth.
:pirate:

this changes everything...

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

WhiteHowler posted:

I upgraded from the Merchant Guild light hauler to a Barracuda, and it is SO much better.
The Barracuda is super sleek, but you should grab the Sturville. Roughly the same maneuverability, with 2 more broadside guns, at the cost of one component slot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
what's the highest tier of equipment?

• Locked thread