Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I just don't like the lead actor at all. He's a poor man's Karl Urban and the fact that he can't grow a real beard just makes him seem like a douchey kid. The dudes playing Ubba and Alfred are fantastic though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Guthrum and the actor playing him are my favorite part of the show. It's rare to have such an understated but menacing antagonist in a show like this. I love the scene where Guthrum tells Uhtred he'd gladly kill him at the drop of a hat but then lets him go due to Ragnar's plea, and walks away smiling. It really shows how medieval culture was based around personal relationships as much as anything else.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Will you guys stop slap fighting and start posting more rad Ubbe and Guthrum gifs?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Finale definitely felt rushed and the CGI was a bit corny at times but I liked it. Aethelcard's redemption was really well done - in the end he just couldn't bring himself to do it and I like that they didn't do a cop out with him seeing the army and then being cowed into not doing it. It was a conscious choice on his behalf and that makes all the difference.

I also loved how they handled Guthrum being lulled into inaction by his religious views. Very unexpected and although probably not the most historical, it was a great story choice. The reveal of Iseult's head was really dramatic despite being telegraphed pretty heavily. All in all a really solid finale to a very good season of TV.

• Locked thread