Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Holy poo poo please talk me out of this. Tomorrow I am buying (hopefully not) an xbox one for that new master chief game coming out soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Why?

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I just think the cost of a new console is a lot for a single game, since there isn't much else I see myself doing with the xbone right now. Obviously not expensive enough to stop me from seriously considering the purchase. I already have a ps3 slim ready for trade in.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

It's never been a better time to 'get boned', as us Xboners like to say.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Thank god, I guess at this rate tomorrow is a good day to get boned.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

farsel posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I just think the cost of a new console is a lot for a single game, since there isn't much else I see myself doing with the xbone right now. Obviously not expensive enough to stop me from seriously considering the purchase. I already have a ps3 slim ready for trade in.

there's other fun games you can play

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you don't have a Wii U get one of those first or you are officially not a real gamer in the eyes of the law.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

If you don't have a Wii U get one of those first or you are officially not a real gamer in the eyes of the law.

I ahve a wii u and ps4 so this would complete the 'collection'

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

farsel posted:

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I still want to be talked out of my decision. I have already decided its a good decision, I need some counter points not xbone daps

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's a bad console for MicroFaggots.
-- White hoodrich voice

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's nothing more epic than owning all the consoles in a generation. It's pure gaming decadence.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only thing I can think is it has Halo on it which is just one game and by all appearances it looks like you could have a suitable replacement from any other system in the world. The only other game that looks sort of cool on it is Sunset Overdrive and that's coming to PC. Playstation 4, Wii U and PC have won this generation hands down.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it has the right kind of ram op

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This could well be the swaggiest controller of all time.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

As for your question, OP, it seems like a lot of Xbox exclusives come to PC at one time or anothere, but Halo definitely won't, and it looks quite win from watching Jeff Gerstmann play the first few levels. I also remember Sunset OVerdrive winning an award from the 2014 /v/ GOTY polls. As for other reasons, well, its cheaper than the PS4 and it can play 360 games last I heard. Theres that Platinum game Scalebound as well. But the PS4 and Wii U definitely have better exclusives and a better all around vibe if you ask me. Good luck.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

net cafe scandal posted:

:chanpop:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

.... Okay, you might have a point here. OP, I say jump at the chance to purchase an X Bone.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

net cafe scandal posted:

Mmm.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

farsel posted:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

it has the right kind of ram op

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
halo is fun and cool so I dont think I could do that to you, op, sorry.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i have a wii u a ps4 and a xbox and i like them all. also im gay with AIDs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

As for your question, OP, it seems like a lot of Xbox exclusives come to PC at one time or anothere, but Halo definitely won't, and it looks quite win from watching Jeff Gerstmann play the first few levels. I also remember Sunset OVerdrive winning an award from the 2014 /v/ GOTY polls. As for other reasons, well, its cheaper than the PS4 and it can play 360 games last I heard. Theres that Platinum game Scalebound as well. But the PS4 and Wii U definitely have better exclusives and a better all around vibe if you ask me. Good luck.

Agreed on all points, but the PS4 and Xbox One actually cost the same again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loved the hell out of going to a friend's place to play Halo 2 but I can't see myself ever gettin more than PS4/WiiU. Enjoy your purchase OP.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go for it op

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Usenet Magic-User, can we talk about your PC for a second? How's it doing these days? You know what might make your PC really happy, Usenet Magic-User? If you spent that xbone money on a brand new video card!!!!!!

Soral
May 30, 2009

live your life without regrets, op

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Xbone whipped again. Fine mess I got myself in. Tried to be it's buddy, tried to make a console my friend.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I may get a 1TB one on Black Friday, or Cyber Monday.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I took my gamer ego. Placed it under lock and key. I swore no god drat console would ever make a fool of me. Then I met this xbox and my whole dang world caved in. Heaven knows when I touched those controls, I was xbone whipped again.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Soral
May 30, 2009

Kazvall posted:

I took my gamer ego. Placed it under lock and key. I swore no god drat console would ever make a fool of me. Then I met this xbox and my whole dang world caved in. Heaven knows when I touched those controls, I was xbone whipped again.

uh, haha, cool, man, cool post *slowly backs towards the door*

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I may end up purchasieing one myself should Halo 5 be as badass as it initially appears .

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Getting consoles a half decade minimum late FTW.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Haha that doesnt really make sense. Im trying to say I like to buy consoles when they're really cheap and all the good games are already out and 20 dollars.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

Getting consoles a half decade minimum late FTW.

ive got an amazon wishlist of ps3 games i want and they are all under $20 ftw

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Talk me out of the Xbone
Talk me out of the games
I won't buy Halo or Black Ops 3
I won't watch football on Xbox TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im about to go HAM on this PS3 which Im buying now in 2015 for under a fifth of its original asking price.

• Locked thread