Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
I've been playing of the beta of this game over the weekend and it's really awesome, it's like left 4 dead but with gross rat men and way better combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That's cool. Maybe I'll get it during a sale

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I liked L4D and the game looks pretty ok but you can understand my hesitation to care about and/or purchase a Warhammer video game in 2015

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i dont give a "rats rear end" about this first person diablo piece of poo poo.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I liked L4D and the game looks pretty ok but you can understand my hesitation to care about and/or purchase a Warhammer video game in 2015

i was hesitant at first but i decided to give it a shot since a few rl friends wanted to get it, and it's really surprised me with how good it is

there's almost no story aside from "KILL RATS" so no weird lore bullshit gets in the way of the game, and the combat is really well put together

Soral
May 30, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

lol

Soral
May 30, 2009

maybe i'll pick it up when it's on sale, op

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
did anyone ever play the tactics RPG set in a haunted city? the warhammer branding kept me off buying it during any of the recent sales, and my computer is dead currently

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sector_corrector posted:

did anyone ever play the tactics RPG set in a haunted city? the warhammer branding kept me off buying it during any of the recent sales, and my computer is dead currently

it bad wide berth

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
warhammer games are good game + warhammer but - 50% of the fun otherwise, so just play valkyria chronic(:weed:)les

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Normal Adult Human posted:

warhammer games are good game + warhammer but - 50% of the fun otherwise, so just play valkyria chronic(:weed:)les

I dont know what the gently caress this clown is trying to say but the third person shooter Warhammer game was pretty fun and so was the Dawn of War rts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

I dont know what the gently caress this clown is trying to say but the third person shooter Warhammer game was pretty fun and so was the Dawn of War rts.

no

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I've only seen a couple let's plays on yt so far. Why has it taken a developer this long to reskin L4D, add some human addiction mechanics and avoid producing complete garbage as a result? Also, Warhammer is pretty cool and I wish developers would quit making GBS threads all over it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Im_drunk posted:

I've only seen a couple let's plays on yt so far. Why has it taken a developer this long to reskin L4D, add some human addiction mechanics and avoid producing complete garbage as a result? Also, Warhammer is pretty cool and I wish developers would quit making GBS threads all over it.

Wish granted. Topic locked.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

sector_corrector posted:

That was Mordheim, and I accidentally bought in a drunk frenzy the moment I found it on Steam. I think it's in alpha or beta or something.

The bones are definitely interesting but there are terrible issues right now. The worst is the fact that the game makes each enemy AI character do their moves independently, and in real time. So every turn you have to wait like 90+ seconds. And that's even more unbearable at the start of the game because you only see enemy characters if your characters can see them so it's literally just the camera sitting on your guys for 90+ seconds.

Also when I played they didnt have the customization/rpg elements in yet, just the tactical combat engine, which is kind of missing the point of Mordheim.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I saw the Vermintide game in the Games forum and yeah the combat gameplay looked way better than in L4D

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I saw the Vermintide game in the Games forum and yeah the combat gameplay looked way better than in L4D

you shoulda seen how green my poo poo was after eating Burger King's Halloween Black Whopper.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

HORMELCHILI posted:

you shoulda seen how green my poo poo was after eating Burger King's Halloween Black Whopper.

pics?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

I eagerly await the rebranding of the Halloween Whopper to the Irish Whopper when st. p. day comes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Reggie says Nintendo is juggling two big balls.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Reggie says Nintendo is juggling two big balls.
Oh, are they from New Zealand now?

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, are they from New Zealand now?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The game is in fact pretty fun definitely worth a purchase when it goes on sale

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The game is in fact pretty fun definitely worth a purchase when it goes on sale

hopefully it'll get a nice sale tag during the fall/winter sales

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SombereroLad posted:

there's almost no story aside from "KILL RATS" so no weird lore bullshit gets in the way of the game, and the combat is really well put together

is thi sgame actually about a tide of vermin

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Normal Adult Human posted:

wtf is this post

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

elf help book posted:

is thi sgame actually about a tide of vermin

Yeah hordes of man-rats.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Kazvall posted:

Yeah hordes of man-rats.

and the folks who love to murder them

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

The loot system and the way it affects how people play just ruins this game.

Everyone just grinds the first level for better gear. It's stupid. They need to overhaul loot system entirely.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

Everyone just grinds the first level for better gear. It's stupid. They need to overhaul loot system entirely.

What does this mean, everybody just replays the 1st level over and over and ignores the other levels/maps?

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

I think the devs were talking about that during some live stream a couple of weeks ago, they don't like players only playing magnus over and over

My friends and i play on random because most of the levels are awesome, so if your friends insist on farming one level get new friends

SombereroLad fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 30, 2015

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I bought this but it ran like rear end on my rig. Refunded

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

SombereroLad posted:

I think the devs were talking about that during some live stream a couple of weeks ago, they don't like players only playing magnus over and over

My friends and i play on random because most of the levels are awesome, so if your friends insist on farming one level get new friends

It affects matchmaking too, it's hard to get people for maps that aren't Magnus. If you select the 'Random' option you're almost guaranteed to get Magnus.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
one of my friends gave this to me for my birthday and ill probably give it a try soon if i get a group together and can pull myself from BoI

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

SombereroLad posted:

Another problem is that not all maps have tomes and grimoires, but if you want good loot you have to get those things.

So it's like, the game is asking you: Do you want to progress, or do you want to have fun? They need to fix it.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

What makes the combat better than L4D? it plays almost like a straight reskin of that game, even the monster types are so similar to the different zombies. only thing different is the witch being replaced by patrols that you can usually avoid

and the loot thing is a really stupid gimmick that was either badly designed or just broken. it's not fun

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

Another problem is that not all maps have tomes and grimoires, but if you want good loot you have to get those things.

So it's like, the game is asking you: Do you want to progress, or do you want to have fun? They need to fix it.

Yeah they do, hopefully they'll do something like add more loot pieces on later levels and maybe even let you keep some if you die

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

why does left for dead have this borderlands crap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Its fine if you're lust for loot is in check, and decide not to grind like an idiot, its just fun to play and kill tons of rats, especially with the fire wizard and witch hunter, just go full Vegeta on them vermin. If anyone wants to play today, I'm down.
Steam id : robo_erectus

• Locked thread