Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.
I'm trying to find a controller where I can assign for example a kick drum on one switch, and a snare on another, linked to a DAW, so I can hold a beat whilst my hands are full of other things.

My main criteria is A) there is virtually no lag, as this would completely mess up the process B) I’m able to load my own samples to trigger C) The switches are not super close together. I’m basically looking for something like a Novation Launchpad, but for your feet.
I’ve been looking at the Behringer FCB1010, but I’m worried as it uses MIDI, and would preferably use a better connection to my laptop as MIDI can experience delays.
I’ve also looked down the avenues of buying/making my own bass box’s and such with cigar boxes and pickups, but it’s not really the sound I’m after.

Has anyone done anything like this? I’ve checked out the net and while yes, people are in fact using their feet to cue audio samples/scenes, they’re generally not creating beats which need to be almost instantaneous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread