Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Death?
This poll is closed.
Love it! 49 28.00%
Leave it! 59 33.71%
That is not dead which can eternal lie... 67 38.29%
Total: 175 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

NNick posted:

So scale, type, and situation have no bearing on the meaning of horde when it refers to an item?

Not according to Nintendo Kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Having 4 guns is a hoard, deal with it.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

Having 4 guns is a hoard, deal with it.

You're loving loon. Deal with it.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

LeoMarr posted:

If only there was a national fertilizer registry

If the children in the daycare there had guns this wouldn't have happened.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yes it will.

Nerd printed guns are just further proof there's no need it needs to be legal to sell already manufactured guns. Keep talking up how great your 3 day long nerd gun process is, it just justifies closing all gun shops even more.

Sorry that you're a criminal I guess?

I can talk up nerd guns all I want fear-free because as previously mentioned

DeusExMachinima posted:

Hey folks, just wanna say that Australian and UK style gun control will never happen in America d/w/i :cool:

And I'm not a criminal. Well, at least not in the sense that I've violated any enforceable law that has an actual victim, i.e. the only kind worth caring about. You gonna cry about it?

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
It is perfectly reasonable to own four guns if you hunt. You need four guns to maximize hunting opportunities. A muzzleloader for muzzleloading season, large shotgun for birds, centerfire rifle for big game, and either a small shotgun or rimfire rifle for small game hunting.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LeoMarr posted:

If only there was a national fertilizer registry

Dude, that was a justified response to Waco, Ruby Ridge and other mishandling of maniac criminals with guns.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

furiouskoala posted:

It is perfectly reasonable to own four guns if you hunt. You need four guns to maximize hunting opportunities. A muzzleloader for muzzleloading season, large shotgun for birds, centerfire rifle for big game, and either a small shotgun or rimfire rifle for small game hunting.

I hope the people that do this find a safer way to satisfy their urge to hurt things, as owning those guns means they and their families are more likely to die early.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

furiouskoala posted:

Whoah whoah now, thats a :siren: HOARD :siren: DUDE!

Sharkie posted:

I hope the people that do this find a safer way to satisfy their urge to hurt things, as owning those guns means they and their families are more likely to die early.

Some people just feel an urge to feed their families, man. Weirdest thing, having compassion and concern for other humans. Maybe you'll develop this capability eventually.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sharkie posted:

Rifles seem a traditional, fine American product that might prevent lazy people from killing themselves if handguns were eclipsed in any way.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Thread title should be The Gun Also Rises :colbert:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
McVeigh was arrested for illegal weapon possession.

So if there were no guns he wouldn't have been caught. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, freedom haters.

Ironically enough if gun havers had their way he would have literally not been caught because it was only illegal possession of a gun that they arrested him for.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

LeJackal posted:

You're loving loon. Deal with it.

Nop,e gun owners are the loons in america.

DeusExMachinima posted:

I can talk up nerd guns all I want fear-free because as previously mentioned

Yes you can talk up nerd guns all you want because your sexual fetish is kissing guns, and you never ever go outside.

furiouskoala posted:

It is perfectly reasonable to own four guns if you hunt.

Nope, psychopath.

LeJackal posted:

Whoah whoah now, thats a :siren: HOARD :siren: DUDE!

Some people just feel an urge to feed their families, man. Weirdest thing, having compassion and concern for other humans. Maybe you'll develop this capability eventually.

You are a literally a hoarder. Maybe if you didn't keep buying so much guns and ammo you could feed your family? Or if you ever voted for sane politicians instead of the ones who tell you guns are cool, the government could help you feed your family.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A Rifle, a shotgun, a .22 pistol to kill rabid quail. Three is all you need.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Nonsense posted:

A Rifle, a shotgun, a .22 pistol to kill rabid quail. Three is all you need.

A primary, secondary, and sidearm is typically all my guy has room for in the video games so this checks out.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Its perfectly reasonable for a chef to own four knives.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Nope, psychopath.

Its perfectly reasonable for a lumberjack to own four chainsaws.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Nope, psychopath.

Its perfectly reasonable for a painter to own four brushes.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Nope, psychopath.

Its perfectly reasonable for [person] to own four [items].

Nintendo Kid posted:

Nope, psychopath.

Nintendo Kid posted:

You are a literally a hoarder. Maybe if you didn't keep buying so much guns and ammo you could feed your family?

Strangely, the cost of a single .30-06 round is far less than the cost of the amount of meat it can provide.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Nintendo Kid posted:

Nop,e gun owners are the loons in america.

Yes you can talk up nerd guns all you want because your sexual fetish is kissing guns, and you never ever go outside.

Nope, psychopath.

You are a literally a hoarder. Maybe if you didn't keep buying so much guns and ammo you could feed your family? Or if you ever voted for sane politicians instead of the ones who tell you guns are cool, the government could help you feed your family.

Still need a confirm/deny that you're crying like a little bitch over the fact I am buying and selling guns without asking the permission of my betters.

Could you also confirm/deny that you pragmatically, nominally support the disenfranchisement of minority males if it furthers your political goals re:gun control?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Just think, when that Oklahoma State Trooper pulled over McVeigh, in the ideal fantasy of a gun owner, upon pulling him over for not having licence plates and seeing a bulge in his jacket, when McVeigh pointed out that he was indeed carrying a gun the Trooper would have congratulated him on exercising his rights, waived him on with a warning about the plate and they wouldn't have that stupid talking point every time someone criticizes their toys.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
McVeigh did nothing wrong.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

A primary, secondary, and sidearm is typically all my guy has room for in the video games so this checks out.

No knife? scrubtier, gonna own somebody with my gander mtn. collectible.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

MariusLecter posted:

McVeigh did nothing wrong.

He just wanted to grow mushrooms in a parking garage and things just sort of went awry.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

LeJackal posted:

Its perfectly reasonable for a chef to own four knives.

Its perfectly reasonable for a lumberjack to own four chainsaws.

Its perfectly reasonable for a painter to own four brushes.

Its perfectly reasonable for [person] to own four [items].

Strangely, the cost of a single .30-06 round is far less than the cost of the amount of meat it can provide.

Hey moron, it's not reasonable to own 4 guns.

You know what costs even less than hoarding ammunition? Voting for non--insane politicians that support social services.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Still need a confirm/deny that you're crying like a little bitch over the fact I am buying and selling guns without asking the permission of my betters.

You're the one crying "b-b-but if you ban guns why I'll make my 3d printed nerd gun it only takes 90 hours and can shoot a whole 4 times before it breaks!!"

DeusExMachinima posted:

Could you also confirm/deny that you pragmatically, nominally support the disenfranchisement of minority males if it furthers your political goals re:gun control?

Minorities are heavily in favor of restricted gun access for everyone, which you'd know if you weren't afraid to speak to them. Those dastardly minorities, withholding guns from themselves!

Of course, like LeJackal, you're so delusional that you think the reason that the gun owning population has fallen to 22% is jackbooted government thugs rather than 78% of the population having no need or want for a personal gun, let alone 4 or more.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

You're the one crying "b-b-but if you ban guns why I'll make my 3d printed nerd gun it only takes 90 hours and can shoot a whole 4 times before it breaks!!"

You're right, I shouldn't say that I will do that. Because I won't. Because I'll never have to in this country. :d:

quote:

Minorities are heavily in favor of restricted gun access for everyone, which you'd know if you weren't afraid to speak to them. Those dastardly minorities, withholding guns from themselves!

Agree unironically. They're really missing out IMHO.

quote:

Of course, like LeJackal, you're so delusional that you think the reason that the gun owning population has fallen to 22% is jackbooted government thugs rather than 78% of the population having no need or want for a personal gun, let alone 4 or more.

22%? I've heard 3X%'s but not 22.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

Hey moron, it's not reasonable to [do poo poo I disagree with].

Strong arguement, bro.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nintendo Kid posted:

Hey moron, it's not reasonable to own 4 guns.

You know what costs even less than hoarding ammunition? Voting for non--insane politicians that support social services.

Citation needed.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Nope, psychopath.

gently caress this loving thread, let the following be known :

Today is Wednesday, October 21st 2015. Some 80 people have perished or will perish in the United States of America beause of guns today. There have been a couple shootings on street corners, a bunch of suicides with guns, a few gun-related accidents resulting in death today, and some cops shooting people. A good fraction got killed by people they knew and who had no criminal record. Owning a gun was actually the number 1 cause of death for these people because the injuries that led to most of their deaths were self-inflicted, and some were shot by their own guns.
Reminder as well that somewhere around 630 guns were stolen today from their legal owners because of improper storage, increasing the amount of illegal guns in circulation. This contributes to crime in general and is a definite reason why gun registries and theft declarations should be mandatory, maybe prosecutions for negligence as well.

All this to say that the 2nd Amendment in no way precludes intelligent regulation of guns, selective bans, and the registration of gun owners, all of which would contribute to a peaceful society and the gradual elimination of this ghastly gun culture.

Also so as to not waste any time, here is a preëmptive rebuttal for the idiotic point that won't fail to pop up:

quote:

I love the argument that these crimes happened BECAUSE OF GUNS. Not because someone wanted to kill themself, others, etc.

Flowers For Algeria posted:

When a gun fires the bullet that ends a life, the gun is partly responsible for the death. Not guilty, because it is an inanimate object, but responsible. It is involved. It is the cause of the death. The death occurred because of the gun.

Gun manufacturers hold their share of responsibility, of course, but I would divide the responsibility between all the links of the gunmaking chain according to the profit they derived from the sale of each gun.

At any rate - guns do kill people.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

DeusExMachinima posted:

You support their murder.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Eagerly awaiting the tree of liberty to be watered with the blood of liberals.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Do you have anything besides ad hominems and the same pointless copy-paste to offer?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

DeusExMachinima posted:

You're right, I shouldn't say that I will do that. Because I won't. Because I'll never have to in this country. :d:

Agree unironically. They're really missing out IMHO.

22%? I've heard 3X%'s but not 22.

You will have to in this country, if you don't end up shooting your fool self by accident (as is fairly likely).

They aren't though. Most people are perfectly happy owning 0 guns and maybe borrowing a club or range's weapons to use for the occasional weekend.

http://www.newsweek.com/us-gun-ownership-declines-312822

Only 32 percent of Americans own a firearm or live with someone who does, compared with about half the population in the late 1970s and early 1980s, according to the 2014 General Social Survey (GSS). The poll also found that 22 percent of Americans personally own a firearm, down from a high of 31 percent in 1985. The percentage of men who own a firearm is down from 50 percent in 1980 to 35 percent in 2014, while the number of women who own a gun has remained relatively steady since 1980, coming in at 12 percent in 2014.

LeJackal posted:

Strong arguement, bro.

I'm sorry that you're a hoarder. Too bad there'll never be sufficient mental health funding to fix you.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

DeusExMachinima posted:

Neither do insane child mass murderers.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

LeJackal posted:

Do you have anything besides ad hominems and the same pointless copy-paste to offer?

neat that you reduce dozens of people dying every day to a "copy-paste"

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

LeJackal posted:

Never heard a rebuttal to any of the points inside, so no, I'm not gonna stop posting truths that hurt gunlovers.
That's the function of a reminder. To remind you that this is what you support. You support 80 deaths everyday, many more assaults (if anyone has a number I'll add it to the post!), and the general climate of insecurity in America. Sorry about your lovely opinions.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Never heard a rebuttal to any of the points inside, so no, I'm not gonna stop posting truths that hurt gunlovers.

You need to make points for them to be rebutted.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

LeJackal posted:

You need to make points for them to be rebutted.

I have made a few points in that post, let me quote them for you:

quote:

Today is Wednesday, October 21st 2015. Some 80 people have perished or will perish in the United States of America beause of guns today. There have been a couple shootings on street corners, a bunch of suicides with guns, a few gun-related accidents resulting in death today, and some cops shooting people. A good fraction got killed by people they knew and who had no criminal record. Owning a gun was actually the number 1 cause of death for these people because the injuries that led to most of their deaths were self-inflicted, and some were shot by their own guns.
Reminder as well that somewhere around 630 guns were stolen today from their legal owners because of improper storage, increasing the amount of illegal guns in circulation. This contributes to crime in general and is a definite reason why gun registries and theft declarations should be mandatory, maybe prosecutions for negligence as well.

All this to say that the 2nd Amendment in no way precludes intelligent regulation of guns, selective bans, and the registration of gun owners, all of which would contribute to a peaceful society and the gradual elimination of this ghastly gun culture.

Also so as to not waste any time, here is a preëmptive rebuttal for the idiotic point that won't fail to pop up:

quote:

I love the argument that these crimes happened BECAUSE OF GUNS. Not because someone wanted to kill themself, others, etc.

When a gun fires the bullet that ends a life, the gun is partly responsible for the death. Not guilty, because it is an inanimate object, but responsible. It is involved. It is the cause of the death. The death occurred because of the gun.

Gun manufacturers hold their share of responsibility, of course, but I would divide the responsibility between all the links of the gunmaking chain according to the profit they derived from the sale of each gun.

At any rate - guns do kill people.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
lol facts and numbers? LeJackal is a gun owner, not a human being capable of rational thought.

Try again professor egghead!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Did we ever get a rational argument against sensible restrictions beyond MY RIGHTS?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

Did we ever get a rational argument against sensible restrictions beyond MY RIGHTS?

There's also the argument that there would be less black people death if we were to put some restrictions on gun ownership and accessibility, so that's a big incentive for gunlovers to promote guns guns guns

• Locked thread