Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
I live in San Francisco and last week tried calling a number from my desk (Nexus 6p) at work only to find an automated "The code or number you have dialed is incorrect. Please check and try again." No matter which number I called. I googled around and found other Fi users with my same issue. Turns out there's a secret dialer code you can put into your phone to force it to connect to one type of tower:

code:
* # * # 34866 # * # *   <-- Force to T-Mobile only
* # * # 34777 # * # *   <-- Force to Sprint only
* # * # 34886 # * # *   <-- Autoswitching
I can make calls fine from a T-Mobile tower, Sprint does the automated message thing. Very strange. 2 days later I got an email from Project Fi informing me that I was one of a number of customers that received a lovely SIM that has problems using "the full Fi network" and I'd be receiving a new SIM in the mail and a $25 credit for my trouble. Nice save, Google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU