Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
So ordered my phone yesterday with standard ground shipping and it looks like like they are sending it overnight for delivery tomorrow.

So that was awful nice of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Just got the 6p in. I like that I can use it single handed, seems a step up from the 6.

I didn't get any earbuds with the phone though so I'll need to leave a bad review on YouTube.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
So how do you send out new texts from Google Voice?

Edit: So I have to switch to Google Hangouts and it doesn't import the contacts from my phone and only allows contact with other people in Hangouts?

That's pretty lousy.

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 13, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Ixian posted:

That's not how it works. I text my contacts all the time, just like a regular texting app. You have to make sure you have SMS set up in the Hangouts settings and that you select use SMS for texts (it defaults to your Google account).

I mean more from using Google Voice from the browser.

I suppose I can try messaging people through hangouts and I guess maybe it goes through, although if i don't already have a conversation with them open it sends out a conversation invite?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Ixian posted:

I occasionally use Hangouts in a browser and it's pretty much like iMessage - you can use SMS, etc. as well. And all my contacts are synced. I am not sure how you were using things in GV (I had GV as well, all the way back to GrandCentral days, but never really used the browser app) but it sounds like something isn't configured right on your end.

If you have Fi have you tried their support? They are actually quite good.

Maybe will give it a shot when I get home. So far the messages only go to a persons Hangouts account, when I'd rather just send an SMS.

I can send SMS but I then have to type out the full number to do so. I just activated it so maybe there is a learning curve, but I think I'm going to miss Voice.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mokhu posted:

Did you order this off of the google store?

I ordered mine last Tuesday and it's telling me the estimated shipping is the end of December, I'm not sure how you guys are getting it so quick!

Yeah the Google store.

I ordered the White 64 gig model because it said it'd be out of the warehouse by today at the least

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
The 6p feels really well made and it sits really well if you have large hands. Feels just a bit wider than my HTC M8 :rip:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
So I activated on November 13th so I am about halfway through my first building cycle.

First I really dig the 6p, prolly the best phone I've owned since my first nexus back in 2011.

The service itself has been fairly solid. I'm in a major metropolitan area so I haven't had many gaps for the most part. When I was driving down 95 for the holidays I did get into 3g at a few highway stops and a number of dead zones back in my hometown. And so far out of my 2gig data plan I have used about ..3 gb so far so I figure I've got a pretty substantial credit coming my way.

Only complaint is that they don't let you schedule the date for automatic billing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Has anyone had a problem with their phones Auto-brightness setting being way too dim?

Just started on me this morning and I can't figure out why.