Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Ixian posted:

Not yet but apparently if you activated prior to November 19th you'll get one. Looks pretty neat.

This link has eligibility details: https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6326260?hl=en

If we're eligible, do we have to actually sign up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Ixian posted:

No, link says you'll just get one if you have an active account and are otherwise eligible. They are shipping them up through the 24th of December so it may take a while.

Also goes to the address of record on your Fi account so make sure that is correct (same one you gave for 911 info, etc.)

Oh cool, thanks.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Darkpriest667 posted:

Anyone having an issue receiving texts from short code numbers? I have been having quite an issue with it and still back and forth with support over it.

I was just going to post about this myself. I'm having the same problem.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if this was an advertised feature or if other people noticed it, but it appears that you can get additional data-only SIM cards that tie to the same Fi account. So, you can have the same mobile data pool running from a laptop or tablet or something.

Just sounds cool to me.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I'm thinking of going in on the Pixel, and I currently have a 5X through Fi. What's the best method to sell my 5X?

And is there a standard way of wiping it so I can be confident my personal data can't be recovered later?