Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
I'm looking at getting a new phone next week, and man, this plan sounds amazing.

Currently running a Galaxy Nexus, just about to make the jump to a new Android phone, strongly considering the 5x. Would go for the 6p, but it just seems way too big for my tastes. I primarily want a phone, afterall, not a lovely tablet.

How hard is it to gnab an invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Ixian posted:

Fi is a waiting game; sign up and if you are in an area they serve (and those don't match 1:1 the same areas T-Mobile and Sprint serve) they will let you know and put you on a waiting list. I don't know how long it is now but it was 2 months for me back when it started.
Drats. I was hoping to hop aboard sometime next month. Maybe I'll tweet a goofy doodle at Google Fi's twitter account. Companies seem to love that.

quote:

In my opinion you want the 6p - it's just a better phone. If you read the various reviews around the web you'll find consensus. I know it seems too large on paper, and the first couple days you have it you'll probably agree, but it is something you get used to pretty quick and then there's no going back.

There's a reason large screens have started to dominate the market - they are better for what you actually use the phone for every day. And the 6p is one of the best, and easiest to hold, large screen phones there is.
I guess my concern is that I'm really content with my Galaxy Nexus's ~5in size. It fits nicely in my hand. Any larger, I'm pretty sure I'd get irritated trying to reach everywhere via thumb, which is my primary use.

I really only use my phone to call, text, check Facebook, and snapchat. Strongly dislike watching videos on it, running audio, or any of that other stuff. The extra girth on these phones is a serious con in my book- makes it harder to hold, use, & would make me more likely to drop & break it.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Darkpriest667 posted:

The 5x isn't that much larger than the Galaxy.
Right. Which is why I'm considering that over the 6p, but making sure via this thread that that's a good solid decision.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Ixian posted:

For some folks, a better one handed experience (there is a terrible pun to be had here) trumps everything, but I recommend you at least give the 6p a try. Size aside it really is the better phone of the two - the 5x reviews I have read have been lukewarm at best. The 6p however is just about perfect. Huawei had something to prove where LG didn't, I guess.
I really do appreciate all the words man. Cheers.

Lukewarm isn't that bad sounding to me- no matter what I get it's likely gonna be an improvement on the four year old Galaxy I've been running with! I think I'll hit up a Best Buy and try handling similar size phones.