Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm switching from the T-Mobile nerd plan to this when my 6P gets here.

Only if by free you mean the same. No additional charges above the normal $10/GB, but it is still $10/GB.

Isn't it way more expensive than the nerd plan? The t-mo nerd plan is $30/mo for 5GB of data, that same amount of data would be $70/mo on Fi if you actually use your 5GB of data data every month.

If you use less, I see Fi being a better deal, but it seems like a huge no-go for those who use >2GB/mo of data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Some people actually talk on the phone. Also being usable overseas and working on more than one carrier are pretty useful for a lot of people.

I thought that the nerd plan was unlimited voice / text + 5GB data? I can see the international stuff being invaluable, for sure.

I'm on a giant T-mobile family plan with some 10 or 15% discount, with the end result being 6 lines of unlimited talk / text / 2.5GB data for $135/mo including all taxes and fees. I'd like Fi, but I can't see it being cheaper.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Bloodplay it again posted:

Thanks for the info about LG replacing the 5X out of warranty.

Replaced with what? I had a months-long process that ended up with my unlocked bootlooping 5x I used on T-Mobile being replaced with an AT&T G5, and then stonewalled when I had the gall to complain about that.