Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
Has anyone switched to Fi from an AT&T prepaid plan (GoPhone)? I need an account and PIN number in order to transfer my number to Fi and after logging into my GoPhone account online, I don't see anything regarding an account number. I have a PIN to log into my GoPhone account, but I've read that your PIN is the last 4 digits of your SSN (my SSN and my GoPhone PIN are not the same).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
My Moto X4 was supposed to arrive last Friday, and according to the FedEx website it did. The package wasn't at my door when I got home around lunch even though the tracking said was it delivered about 10am. Has anyone ever had any trouble of this kind with packages? I'm really doubtful that it got swiped by a thief or something. My neighbors were home and said they didn't see anything weird and I don't live in sketchy neighborhood. Either way, it sucks being stuck in customer support limbo with both FedEx and Google Fi right now.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

Maneki Neko posted:

90% of the time this has happened with me it just got dropped off at the wrong house and it's a bitch to figure out which one it is.

Turns out this is exactly what happened. A neighbor from way down the street - like 15 houses down - came by yesterday and asked if I was missing a package. So, I finally got my X4 and I gotta say it's a pretty good device. It reminds me of my old Nexus 4 except slightly bigger.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
I'm dumb and didn't take a picture of the return label on my trade-in. Has anyone here sent a trade-in and if so how long did it take to say received on the Fi website? It's been about 6 days and according to their website it looks like they're still waiting on it.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

Thanatosian posted:

Just posting to say I really like my Moto X4. Been using it for a few days now, battery life is super good, it's got a smooth interface, and the thumbprint reader is way better than I was expecting (super easy to use).

I'm really enjoying mine too. And seconding all of the items you mentioned - especially the battery life, this thing lasts forever.

Glass of Milk posted:

How's the camera? Wife wants an upgrade from her 5x, but I wasn't sure if she should go with the pixel 2 instead.

My Moto camera app recently updated and I can tell a pretty big difference with screen lag while moving the phone around with the camera app open. Before the patch it seemed kind of sluggish, then after the patch there's almost no lag at all. Picture quality seems about the same (good but not great).

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Looks like the moto x4 from Fi is finally getting Oreo.

Yeah, I finally got the update yesterday, even though the initial roll out looks to have started on Dec 22nd.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

Cabbit posted:

How's the performance with Oreo on the X4? My 5X slowed down considerably after upgrading from Nougat, though I guess that could have possibly been related to its then-impending breakdown.

I'm not a heavy user, but it feels about the same as when it was on Nougat. Although, there is a definite improvement to battery life on Oreo where the battery life was already excellent on Nougat with the x4.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
Hurray, my Android One/Project Fi moto x4 finally got 8.1 yesterday. Better late than never I guess.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
I recently ported my number out of Fi to AT&T prepaid for the 8+8GB plan and it was very easy. The only tricky part is that you have to go into the Fi app on your phone and cancel your service, which will generate a PIN and give you the account number (the 2 things the new carrier will need from you). After that you stick your SIM in your phone and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
I'm wondering about this Google Fi promotion that's offering $350 in bill credits over 24 months.

I have a 6a currently on AT&T's prepaid plan. If I switch over to Fi then I immediately get the $350 in bill credits (as long as I keep the service active)?

frosteh fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 29, 2023