Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Uthor posted:

Can't you turn back on three button mode in the options?

Actually, I thought they got rid of the two button mode and you could only do three buttons or gestures.

You can. I used the gesture for while but I prefer the third button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I always struggle this time of year. My Pixel 3 is doing just fine but the deals always make me consider upgrading. At least this time, it's not a deal on the flagship, so I'll probably wait on the 6.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Would it be worth getting a Pixel 5? Currently have a 3 and I believe the 5 is the last pixel with unlimited storage for photos and whatnot. No real need since my 3 works fine but not sure if they'll change their mind on the 5 or something in the future.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

fondue posted:

My pixel 3xl pretty much died and I've gone to a pixel 5 and have to say other than wishing the screen was bigger is better in every respect. Also the battery lasts forever, I've never had a phone able to go this long without a recharge.

That's appealing. My 3 barely makes it to 9:00pm most days but think I can hold off for a sale like a goon further up mentioned. I just hope nothing changes between now and then.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I went the Plex route a while back and it's pretty great for having all of my music available whenever. Now I need to go ahead and make the jump to dedicated server vs. using my laptop

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Think I've decided to go for a Pixel 6 Pro (even though it's already sold out in the Fi store and coming from a Pixel 3) but just read about the Pixel Pass and it seems like a pretty sweet deal. Am I missing something in the fine print or something? I don't have any of the subscription services it comes with so it's all positive from my standpoint

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Wanted to wait for a Pro but looks like it won't be available until January from Google. :(

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is $95 a decent trade-in value for a Pixel 6? Thinking of upgrading to a 7 Pro as there's a $350 discount through Fi and the 6 has been having some heating issues I can't seem to diagnose. They're only offering $95 trade-in for it, which seems really low but maybe I'm out of touch with the phone market?

e: looks like the trade-in value through the Google store is estimated at $320??? Why are the estimates different if you do it through Fi vs. the Google store?

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 26, 2023

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Good to know! I'll check one out. I'm not in a rush so could maybe even wait for an 8 as long as this 6 doesn't explode on me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

It showed up under Privacy & Security settings but only when I used a browser. Didn't see it in the Fi app it when clicking the link on my phone.

e;fb