Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

The wife and I are considering making the switch from T-Mobile, but a holdup is that she wants to try out the 6P and the 5X and compare them before she buys. Is there any possible way to do this? The only thing I can think of is buying one of each and returning or selling the one we don't want, but that seems suboptimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Got my 6P in yesterday, waiting for the wife's to come in before we switch our phone service over. While I'm waiting on that I started setting the phone up, installing apps, etc. One thing that threw me for a loop is that I can't get an internet connection through my 5ghz wifi network, I have to connect to the 2.4ghz one in order for it to work. Fi support says this is because the router needs to be set up to allow VOIP over 5ghz, so I called Comcast to try and get this set up, only they say that they simply can't do VOIP over 5ghz. Is that common? I'd like to get the phone on the better network if possible.

Aside from this issue the phone is a dream to use as a mini tablet. Feels perfect in the hand, fingerprint sensor is great, it's so much better than my old Galaxy that it's silly.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Darkpriest667 posted:

Sounds like your router. I have this router here

I connect to 5GHZ all the time.

Thanks, I suspected that might be the issue.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Got my first bill, between the wife and I we saved over $100 off our monthly t-mobile bill. The 6P is fantastic.