Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Let's put everything into one place!
Let's shut down some of it and split everything up!

Google's like a cat that wants to go outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hughmoris posted:

Anyone notice any sort of difference on Fi 5G? I'm debating whether I want to upgrade from my P4XL when the new Pixels come out later this year.

I've seen the 5G symbol a lot on my Pixel 4a 5G but I don't feel like spending a couple of dollars on bandwidth to run a speed test. I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's high bandwidth but only at close range. All I've really done is play magic the gathering arena in a hospital parking lot a couple of times on it and it seemed quick but so does LTE.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Chaotic Flame posted:

Would it be worth getting a Pixel 5? Currently have a 3 and I believe the 5 is the last pixel with unlimited storage for photos and whatnot. No real need since my 3 works fine but not sure if they'll change their mind on the 5 or something in the future.

I'd only consider upgrading if it isn't doing what you want it to. You should have updates until around the end of the year when the Pixel 6 comes out so you might hold out for a black friday/cyber monday deal on one of those if you can wait. Have they announced that the Pixel 6 won't have unlimited storage? Everything past the OG Pixel only gets unlimited storage on compressed images so I wouldn't bet on it not being included unless they've said so, but I could be out of the loop.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

It's a shame that there's additional phone e-waste due to software support of all things, but at least they're committing to 5 years of security updates with the Pixel 6 (although support and software updates will remain three years). I feel like the number of folks who aren't ready to replace a phone after three years may be significantly higher after five due to hardware wearing out.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

https://fi.google.com/gift2021

quote:

Google Fi is celebrating their Google Fi Holiday and offering All Google Fi Users w/ An Active Service (as of December 15, 2021) a $10 Google Play Credit for Free when you login to claim the offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Yeah I don't think any of the -a phones have had it so far. They lack some of the features of the main phone of that generation which is the flagship. I like my 4a 5G still, though.