Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Just FYI, if you get a Nexus phone and you're going to use Google Fi with a Google Voice number, you better allow some time for the number transfer. I got my 5X on Thursday of last week and I STILL don't have phone service yet. When they say it takes up to 5 days to transfer a Google Voice number to Project Fi, it takes 5 WHOLE DAYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

boscoman posted:

You might want to contact the Fi support people, because my GV number ported to Fi in about 10 minutes on a Nexus 6.

I've contacted them 4 times and they just keep telling me to wait. Off I go to see what they say now that it's 10 pm on day 5.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It's an issue with our rural address, of course. And of course, I asked them about this yesterday due to all the notifications about an unverified address I was getting from the Project Fi app. She told me it absolutely wasn't an issue. But it absolutely was. Now I've finally got someone competent working with me to fix it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I got it all fixed last night. My savior over at Google Tech Support had to get the transfer department to go in and manually release my number. Once that happened, I had no problem setting everything up. I'm just really aggravated that the first three techs I talked to didn't bother to actually go in and check to see what the problem was. They just told me to wait. But on Day 5, this guy was able to tell me exactly what my problem was (which I knew but was told that it was not the problem) and fix it for me.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

paperwind posted:

Been about a week now with Fi on the 5X, and no complaints regarding the service in urban Honolulu. The 5X is also solid. I really like that I was able to sign up for and activate the service and port my number painlessly and without needing to speak to a single annoying sales rep. It does sound like that if I do need a human being though, that they'll actually be available and actually be American.

I had a lot of problems setting up my service and had to speak with a handful of customer service reps. They were all native English speakers and it was pretty painless getting someone to talk to either via phone or chat. I just wish my first 3 reps had taken the time to figure out what was wrong with my number before I had to wait a week for someone to give a drat.